Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

Too Human = sub-Human

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Man, I loved the demo, but once you get to the 4th stage, the game just sucks balls.  I could understand dying continuously against a boss, but in the last game against the zombies, I was dying every time I entered a new creature spawn area.  It would take 3 deaths to get through it & then I'd be leveling up. 

The level up didn't help much seeing as how nothing got easier as I progressed.  I really don't know what the hell they were thinking in this game. I found myself yelling at the TV set & envisioning a bonfire of Too Human product.

Is it me, or are video game demos evolving into movie trailers?  Ie, the demo offers the best the game has to offer, the rest of the game is complete crap. Kind of like some movies.

*sigh*  I was a big supporter of this game, but the last level is ridiculously difficult...it's like putting you in the Nightmare diffculty setting, but there is no difficulty setting in the game!  The bastards at Silicon Knights should have made a few assumptions that SOME of us would want to play their stupid ass game all the way through.

And when you die 100 times, you get a 5 point achievement score. What a treat.  When they thought of that achievement score, they should have fucking thought: let's back the fuck up & make the game playable!  I am so sick of seeing the Valkyrie drop to pick up a corpse that I just want to strangle it.

If subsequent Too Human games are going to be like this, then I suggest they shit can the franchise & go their separate ways.  Dissolve Silicon Knights.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Play as Defender.  I only died twice.  Both times on the second level.  I haven't tried any other classes yet, but I'm assuming you used a more vulnerable one which was better suited for co-op.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Little bit late on this thread. Just... a little bit.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Little bit late on this thread. Just... a little bit."
    How so?  I have to play it before I can comment on it.  Not all of us play games on release.

Origina1Penguin said:
    "Play as Defender.  I only died twice.  Both times on the second level.  I haven't tried any other classes yet, but I'm assuming you used a more vulnerable one which was better suited for co-op."
    HAH!  I used the Bio-engineer. Somebody had posted that it would be the easier one to use. Man, they were totally wrong.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

I didn't die until the Hel boss fight, and that was by accident. There's a difference between a game being badly designed (although it's not the best level in the world) and the player sucking ass. I think this is a situation of the latter persuasion.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Bulldog19892

Maybe you're just not a high enough level. Maybe you can go back and grind a bunch. I've heard that Too Human is "grindtastic".

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    Jayge said:
    "I didn't die until the Hel boss fight, and that was by accident. There's a difference between a game being badly designed (although it's not the best level in the world) and the player sucking ass. I think this is a situation of the latter persuasion."
    And you're just an asshole, but it kinda goes without sayin'.  Maybe you didn't play a Bioengineer & maybe that is just a shit class?  I haven't tried the others.  If you paid any fucking attention to what I stated earlier: I didn't start dying all the time until I got to the last level!  Then it seemed I was dying every few minutes, the minute I got to a new area with mobs in it. 

And of course, cheaters never die. Cheaters like Jayge.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "Maybe you're just not a high enough level. Maybe you can go back and grind a bunch. I've heard that Too Human is "grindtastic"."
    You can't tell what the levels are on the mobs in order to know.  There are no clues in the game. Nothing in the instructions.  Probably have to cheat like Gayge up above in order to get through the game.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "Jayge said:
    "I didn't die until the Hel boss fight, and that was by accident. There's a difference between a game being badly designed (although it's not the best level in the world) and the player sucking ass. I think this is a situation of the latter persuasion."
    And you're just an asshole, but it kinda goes without sayin'.  Maybe you didn't play a Bioengineer & maybe that is just a shit class?  I haven't tried the others.  If you paid any fucking attention to what I stated earlier: I didn't start dying all the time until I got to the last level!  Then it seemed I was dying every few minutes, the minute I got to a new area with mobs in it. 

"
    I've played the game with a BioEngineer. It wasn't nearly as difficult as you say it was. If you're going to bitch about things entirely unrelated to the game itself, I'm going to call you on it.

Also- cheaters? What?
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    Jayge said:
    "Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "Jayge said:

"
    I've played the game with a BioEngineer. It wasn't nearly as difficult as you say it was. If you're going to bitch about things entirely unrelated to the game itself, I'm going to call you on it.

Also- cheaters? What?"
    Maybe there is a bug in the game?  I'm telling you, I've died & died & died on the last level & it makes no sense at all, other than being a worthless piece of a shit of a game. There is something wrong with that game. I don't know what it is, but if you don't have any ideas, you should probably just stfu.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "Maybe there is a bug in the game?  I'm telling you, I've died & died & died on the last level & it makes no sense at all, other than being a worthless piece of a shit of a game. There is something wrong with that game. I don't know what it is, but if you don't have any ideas, you should probably just stfu.
    "
    I have an idea: You suck at it. Don't blame the game for your own shortcomings.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By pause422

If this game is difficult for you.......I think you just aren't good at it, and there is a huge problem, because this is one super easy game. Another part of what made it so boring and duller than it already was if you ask me.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I honestly don't see much skill or strategy involvement in this game, but check your gear to see if you have decent resistances and aggression.  I think it counts the zombies as blunt attacks, so try to beef up that resistance.  I think aggression makes your combo meter climb faster, but I'm not sure.  I'll try playing BioEngi with my next character, so I can see how it goes for me.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    Origina1Penguin said:
    "I honestly don't see much skill or strategy involvement in this game, but check your gear to see if you have decent resistances and aggression.  I think it counts the zombies as blunt attacks, so try to beef up that resistance.  I think aggression makes your combo meter climb faster, but I'm not sure.  I'll try playing BioEngi with my next character, so I can see how it goes for me."

Thanks for the tip.  I've finished Halo 3 in Legendary mode, so I think I know how to game with extreme difficulty.  However, this game just didn't make any sense to me in how to get past the streams of zombies.  I didn't have as many problems against the robots, just the zombies. It's pretty annoying, no matter what Gayge might think.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "Origina1Penguin said:
    "I honestly don't see much skill or strategy involvement in this game, but check your gear to see if you have decent resistances and aggression.  I think it counts the zombies as blunt attacks, so try to beef up that resistance.  I think aggression makes your combo meter climb faster, but I'm not sure.  I'll try playing BioEngi with my next character, so I can see how it goes for me."

Thanks for the tip.  I've finished Halo 3 in Legendary mode, so I think I know how to game with extreme difficulty.  However, this game just didn't make any sense to me in how to get past the streams of zombies.  I didn't have as many problems against the robots, just the zombies. It's pretty annoying, no matter what Gayge might think."
    Halo 3 Legendary is cake.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

haha, Halo 3 on Legendary, congratulations, there is nothing difficult at all about any halo game on legendary, its such a joke. Too Human is still so god damn easy, I have no idea how anyone doesn't do well in it.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    pause422 said:
    "haha, Halo 3 on Legendary, congratulations, there is nothing difficult at all about any halo game on legendary, its such a joke. Too Human is still so god damn easy, I have no idea how anyone doesn't do well in it."

That makes two of us.  I keep hearing Too Human is easy but I certainly can't figure out how that is.  That last level is just instant death.  Leveling up doesn't make anything easier, everything levels up with you.  I gotta say, the game kinda stinks.  I just got from Amazon: Fallout 3, GTA IV, Kane & Lynch, Alone in the Dark, & Saint's Row (1).  I don't know if I'll have time to complete Too Human, or if I care to sit on my ass & continuously die while advancing through the last level.  I'm tired of yelling at the TV & having the urge to throw my controller against the wall in disgust.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Just an update, but I finally got closure on the end of the game. What I found out is I had to go back & play some of the old levels to level up further & get better gear. Then I was able to advance forward in the last zombie levels. The zombies are still hard & the last boss, I died a lot, but not as much as before.  I think I hate the game less now that I've completed it.  I'll be sure to try it with the other characters soon, probably play Too Human as a break when playing Fallout 3 (which I'm now playing).

Another thing they could have improved upon is creating random 'dungeons' to fight in on the side, rather than having to go through the previous levels. It's kind of monotonous to repeat them.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Vinchenzo said:
    "Little bit late on this thread. Just... a little bit."
    a little bit more than a little bit
    Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Unreal_dro

i liked it. The game has its flaws but it was fun playing co-op

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By ZenaxPure
    Lind_L_Taylor said:
    "Just an update, but I finally got closure on the end of the game. What I found out is I had to go back & play some of the old levels to level up further & get better gear. Then I was able to advance forward in the last zombie levels. The zombies are still hard & the last boss, I died a lot, but not as much as before.  I think I hate the game less now that I've completed it.  I'll be sure to try it with the other characters soon, probably play Too Human as a break when playing Fallout 3 (which I'm now playing).

Another thing they could have improved upon is creating random 'dungeons' to fight in on the side, rather than having to go through the previous levels. It's kind of monotonous to repeat them."
    Thats just how the game is really, the dungeons mean little, it all boils down to just killing enemies over and over again. After about 70 hours of that you tend to forget where you are or really care. I say this from experience as I spent many days just farming the first level with a friend 6 hours at a time going for our epic sets. Still had fun with it though, granted I still lack one piece from having my complete set.

What level were you when you tried to go after hel anyway? I was 30-ish on all my chars by the time I got there and had no trouble whatsoever (2 commandos and a defender) I heard Bio was a pretty good class to solo with too so it makes me wonder.
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By pweidman

Too Human is great fun and the game really opens up the awesomness after level 50, and especially after  you complete the level 3 charms, and get the best weapons and armor.  Also, if you get all the runes and the Aesir gear you are an absolute god(actually gets a little boring from there).  Sounds as if you had broken armor to me in your original post op.. If your armor is done, you glow red and you will die almost instantly....besides the fact that bioeng is a weaker character better used in tandom in co-op w/another class.  Defender is easiest for survival, and commando, either human or cyber can be grown into beasts that never die even on IF.  Takes time though...and commitment.  Some don't have the time or patience, and the resulting media review scores are testimony to this factor.  I, for one, really hope it sells enough to get the trilogy published.

Moeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Moeez

I hear you, Bioengineer was cake until Helheim. It's just those goddamn fat throne dudes, that's all. The more I died, the more I thought, "HEY, MAYBE I SHOULD GET BETTER AT THE GAME". SO I began understanding all the skill trees, picked the right Battle Cries, Spiders, equipping the right Charms, using Fierces A LOT with Hammer (like boomerang), and only using Ruiner when being swarmed. I finished the game as Bioenginner at Lvl 42, and finished the game as Berserker at Level 45. Did a lot of grinding, and co-op with some random dudes which was fun because they knew their shit.

Once you appreciate the complexity of how the RPG stuff complements the combat, you realise there isn't a game out there like this. I'm huge on Charms, I always want to complete as many as I can, to get to Lvl 2 Charms, and other nerdy WoW stuff. I love the story too, it's really deep and I had to keep on repeating a lot of the cutscenes in the game library to follow everything. Like the stuff with Hod, Nyanna, Baldur's origin, a certain sexy NORN's purpose, what Heimdall is about, the 3-way war between humans/machines/Loki. 
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By atejas

It's like a Diablo game, grind like a whore on a pole, pick ONLY some skills, and get some good equipment.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I hope Diablo is better than Too Human.

Speaking of which, I finally got the Unstoppable for Ice Forests & have all the Elite gear for my Bioengineer.  I'd like to get all of the remaining achievements but it gets so damn repetitive at this point repeating the same levels over & over. It would have been nice if they had created a random dungeon generator as an add-on pack & vary the monsters a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm going through using a Berserker (Human) and the only stage that gives me any trouble is the Ice Forest. And the trouble it gives me is gargantuan. But the other three stages are rather easy.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By mordukai
    @Lind_L_Taylor: LOL...What a great Title.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Well I finally got Ice Forest previously. I need to run through the next 2 & complete the Unstoppables.
    These achievements start to burn you out of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.