Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 31, 1999

Take control of real skaters and perform strings of crazy tricks in the first entry of the long-running Tony Hawk skateboarding series.

How to perform a special in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

tahirdhudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey guys....uh, I know that my question is stupid and this game is so old but anyways how to perform a special in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. When you fill your special meter,how are you supposed to perform a special trick.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Shaunage

Each skater has three different specials by default. Typically there's one grind, one flip, one grab. The button combinations are different for each skater. You'll find them listed in one of the menus, maybe customization - tricks, or they're all in that guide that got linked.

I can't remember whether THPS2 let you change the specials and button combos or not. I think that started in 3.

There are also a few unique specials, like Rodney Mullen's Casper special is a special manual. Tap out the combination in air, let go and you'll land in a special manual.

tahirdhudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tahirdhudy

I am on the PC version.Please tell me exactly which buttons to press when you are trying to do Tony Hawk's special move: "Overturn". Please give highly detailed answers.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

Based on that guide, it's down, left, whatever your grind button is. You ollie near a rail, tap down then left, then hold grind as you land on a rail. It's almost like doing a move in a fighting game.

tahirdhudy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't perform it, Shaunage. When I press the buttons, I do a simple move instead of special

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.