Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Is the Division worth trying now??

schindigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The only time Iv tried it was when the demo/beta was out a while back, it seems fun just didn't hold me enough to warrant a purchase (repetitive missions and whatnot) . And the online stuff seemed like it could get way too unfair for new players unless something was changed. So my question is have they done enough to change things up and make it a deeper experience (end game content, mission structure, side missions etc.) to give it a shot, or should I wait until its on sale for dirt cheap and there's no online community at all anymore, which kind of seems like the opposite of what you want in this game. And how fun is it solo if at all?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

As a person who become very upset, and burned, with this game I will say that I've heard plenty of people say its worth going back to. I'm not sure I fully believe it(heard the same from people talking about Destiny's latest expansion waste of time) but I have heard plenty of people were not a fan say to try it again. I'd like to come back to it to finish my platinum trophy, if anything.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By meteora3255

@schindigg: I have had a good time with it solo. Unfortunately unlike most other games in this genre the enemies in missions scale to the highest level player so it's hard to group up with friends who have leveled well beyond you until you catch them. It's a fine third person shooter with some cool ideas but I wouldn't pay $60 of you just want to run through the story missions. It's better for solo play than Destiny because it offers matchmaking on basically everything but you will still want a group to play with for the top end content.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Like you, I previously only played during the open beta. I enjoyed it, but not enough to spend $60. I recently picked it up over the winter sale, and I'm really enjoying it. I also had a friend pick it up at the same time, so we've been going through it together. But I would definitely recommend it now. I picked up the base game for like $20, and then held off until the season pass was on sale, which I found recently for like $18.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Depends. Do you have ANY other games you really want to play now or coming out soon? If not, go for it. If so, you'll almost certainly regret the time you spent in the game eventually, even if it was fun for a while. It quickly becomes a waste of time, but then again, lots of people like long, grindy games... it depends on your budget and whether you got the game as a gift and can't buy others without financial hardship or sacrifice. For a partial MMO, it's decent for a while... but very, very shallow and full of trolls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.