Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Is this worth getting anymore?

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After a 3 year hiatus, I feel like I'm ready to get back into first person shooters. It's on sale for PC for 10 bucks right now, but I'm worried that no one will be playing the campaign portion anymore and that I will therefore be locked out of some of the unlockables.

Would the lack of being able to find players in the "campaign" negatively affect my enjoyment of the game?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MethodMan008

The campaign is totally irrelevant. Well maybe for unlocking the Styder and Ogre, but I thought I heard they restrucutred that.. Even if they didn't I've been going with mainly Atlas for my hundred or so hours on PC..

At this point, I would say no to Titanfall on PC though.. The players numbers are SO low.. Even worse than what Brad was saying on that quick look.. When I'm on there are typically about 500 people playing attrition, some people doing that weird co-op mode, and every other playlist has 0 players worldwide. So you have enough people to play attrition, which I would say is by far the games best mode, but it's such a small number of active players you are going to be playing with the same people all the time.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I've been revisiting this game after 4 months or so. I'm on gmt timezone and on PC for the record. I've been mainly playing frontier defense, hardpoint and attrition ( team dm, domination and horde mode basically ), and it generally takes MAYBE a minute to get into a full lobby or an ongoing game. Player count is barely around 2000 ( judging by the ingame counter ), but since the matches are 6v6 it apparently doesn't slow matchmaking in any way. Just tried campaign today for kicks, since I've finished it at launch already, and it again took maybe 2 minutes to put me into a full game. But the titan types are apparently now unlocked through leveling, it used to be tied to campaign progression at launch.

Most of the people I've seen around had been newcomers, especially in attrition. Didn't encounter any untouchable uber players or teams during my 6-7 hours since my reinstall. I'm writing this because I've pondered whether or not to reinstall since I've also feared the player base would be too small to casually get in games for quick sessions. But that had never been the case for me. Very surprised about it actually.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sorry to necro- but titanfall is $5 on origin right now. still worth it?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's a fun game. for 5-10 bucks, it's a steal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.