Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

Game of the Year 2016 #3 - The Witcher 3: Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By ht101

Thanks for coming back and for reading. If you’ve missed any of the previous days, check them out here: #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10.

3. The Witcher 3: Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine

No Caption Provided

The Witcher 3 was my Game of the Year last year. I loved everything about the game and when the DLCs were announced, I was prepared to play them. However, I decided to wait until they went on sale before I played them since I needed to take a break and play through some other things. Once they went on sale, I picked both up and started playing through them.

With the Witcher series, you know that you’ll get amazing stories and great character moments. Both of these expansions deliver in that aspect and more. In Heart of Stone, you learn that everything you think you know isn’t what happened. The best thing is going through and figuring out what to do because none of your choices are good ones. You can only find one that is the least bad choice.

No Caption Provided

Blood and Wine shows you going to a place that is home to some friends of yours from a while prior to Witcher 3 happening. It goes deep into vampire lore and helps you to better understand what goes on around the other parts of the world. The location is very different because it looks like a place you’d go to on vacation. There is still a lot of bad shit going on there but you just feel better about it because the location is so beautiful. It also has a beautiful end that closes the world of The Witcher 3 down for good.

The combat still feels really nice and when you die, you know that it is your fault. The way they introduced the new mutation system was pretty cool but I unfortunately didn’t do much with it since I’d used most of my skill points for useless skills before I found out about this new skill tree.

While this was just more of The Witcher 3, it was more than enough to make it back onto my list. Thanks for reading and come back tomorrow when we get to the biggest and most pleasant surprise of the year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.