Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released May 19, 2015

CD Projekt RED's third Witcher combines the series' non-linear storytelling with a sprawling open world that concludes the saga of Geralt of Rivia.

A question about Armor, weapons and New Game Plus

TJMasterK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys this year I have finally had the pleasure of playing the Witcher 3 and if I played it last year it would easily be one of my GOTY for that. I have been getting close to the end according to my friend, and apparently he says the Ursine gear I have now wont be there if I start a new game in NG+. Is this true?

Also, if it does transfer over, what happens with upgrading the armor? right now I have the Enhanced version but I don't think I can go back now and upgrade it. When I go to NG+ will the superior version of the armor scale with my Level?

One more question. I'm at the part where I just defeated the Crones in their cave. Am I at a point where I cant go back and explore the world for my Ursine Swords?

Thanks in advance.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You keep everything you have on you but in new game + all quests (including the witcher gear quests) are reset with new higher level rewards. You are not at the point of no return, the game are very specific when you are at that point.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@tjmasterk said:

Hey guys this year I have finally had the pleasure of playing the Witcher 3 and if I played it last year it would easily be one of my GOTY for that. I have been getting close to the end according to my friend, and apparently he says the Ursine gear I have now wont be there if I start a new game in NG+. Is this true?

Also, if it does transfer over, what happens with upgrading the armor? right now I have the Enhanced version but I don't think I can go back now and upgrade it. When I go to NG+ will the superior version of the armor scale with my Level?

One more question. I'm at the part where I just defeated the Crones in their cave. Am I at a point where I cant go back and explore the world for my Ursine Swords?

Thanks in advance.

For a very detailed and spoiler sensitive guide on where the point of no return is and how to get the best ending, you should read this older thread of mine:

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/3030-41484/forums/point-of-no-return-a-spoiler-sensitive-guide-to-ge-1786484

And if you don't want to read ANYTHING about the endings, here's the part where I described the point of no return:

At a certain point in the game, you will be prompted to save your game, and told that it's the point of no return. This is true, but only for certain quests and ending alterations. Choices made that affect which conclusion you eventually reach do not occur until shortly after the start of the quest "Blood on the Battlefield." It's important to note that at this point you will still have several more hours of gameplay until you reach the end, but save your game at the start of this quest just in case.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.