Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Whispered World

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 23, 2010

An adventure game developed by Daedalic Entertainment that follows the adventures of Sadwick, a depressed 12-year-old clown, who is part of a traveling circus and has been having recurring nightmares about the end of the world.

Anyone else playing this?

hanktree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hanktree

I picked this game up on Steam during the week and I'm really impressed so far. Haven't played a 2D point-and-click adventure game since The Curse of Monkey Island. I'm just after reaching the second chapter but I'm really enjoying the story and the characters have all been pretty good so far. I hated Sadwick's voice at first but it's starting to grow on me. 

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

Just finished it a couple of hours ago. For the most part it was actually a pretty good game with nice puzzles, a little rough around the edges though; I don't think Sadwick's voice was really as egregious as some people have made it out to be. There were a few other problems though; game breaking glitches, long loading times and the occasional crash. But aside from a few issues I really enjoyed it.

Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 7

I have just started playing it. Some of the puzzles are a tad moronic I found (use the mouse to retrieve the pantaloons for example) but I absolutely adore the art style, reminds me of The Curse of Monkey Island, my favourite adventure. I also was not keen on Sadwick's voice at first but it is starting to grow on me as well. I had not problems with bugs or glitches so far, then again, maybe the version that is available on Steam as of now is fixed.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yep, they did a huge update to the game not too long ago, it's been almost five years (!) since I wrote that. Thinking back to the game now, I would count it among my favourite adventure games.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have it but haven't played it yet. Got it a looong time ago from a humble bundle. Might have to check it out now since it seems to be pretty decent.

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm 99% sure there was a quicklook of this game but I cant find it now :(

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By oodli

@mmarsu: You're right, there definitely was a quick look, I distinctly remember Vinny playing it.

I've never heard of quick looks disappearing before. Quite strange.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.