Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

What do you think the next Zelda game should have? (Story wise)

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By timeshero
    Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

So long as it has CHOO CHOO TRAINS, I don't care =]

Nah, in all seriousness some context in terms of timeline, although it would be nice, might it be a little contrived? I mean, do you really think Nintendo are at the point where there is a logical order to the games? I would personally hate to think so - I like my Zelda games unique experiences, kinda like my Final Fantasy games and I wouldn't like any timeline to ruin that. Shit gets messy when you try drawing it together

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

i liek trains

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BirthWild

Ya so I went with SOME OF THE ABOVE! I will explain.

Gannondorf's side of the story - I'd like to see him die forever he's great but his story will remain in Link's legend forever.
    A completely new/original story line - possibly, I like the sound of it but a "new" story line being like what how every new game has a new way for Link to run to different temples?

at this point I would like to see new structure to how the game plays out like having all the the items already and going off from there the "hardcore" throwing a player into a game without instruction and assuming they know how to use the boomerang and hookshot for the 100th time. Sadly though this will never happen...so I will cry...and continue to play them.  HAHA! I snuck in my gameplay talk into your storyline talk.

timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By timeshero
    Lashe said:
    "So long as it has CHOO CHOO TRAINS, I don't care =]

Nah, in all seriousness some context in terms of timeline, although it would be nice, might it be a little contrived? I mean, do you really think Nintendo are at the point where there is a logical order to the games? I would personally hate to think so - I like my Zelda games unique experiences, kinda like my Final Fantasy games and I wouldn't like any timeline to ruin that. Shit gets messy when you try drawing it together"
    That does make sense, however, I feel that ever since OoT, the franchise as a whole has had a purpose. The "Split Time line" theory seems to fit so well personally.
    timeshero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By timeshero
    BirthWild said:
    "Ya so I went with SOME OF THE ABOVE! I will explain. Gannondorf's side of the story - I'd like to see him die forever he's great but his story will remain in Link's legend forever. A completely new/original story line - possibly, I like the sound of it but a "new" story line being like what how every new game has a new way for Link to run to different temples?at this point I would like to see new structure to how the game plays out like having all the the items already and going off from there the "hardcore" throwing a player into a game without instruction and assuming they know how to use the boomerang and hookshot for the 100th time. Sadly though this will never happen...so I will cry...and continue to play them.  HAHA! I snuck in my gameplay talk into your storyline talk."
    So an open world sand box Zelda.

Lmao!  Grand Theft Epona: Hyrule!
    Wally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Wally

Super Mario

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael

New story. I don't want Ganon to be in it though. Why not make something new - maybe Hyrule could be at war with another country? A bit of politics, a bit of treachery, and some huge, epic battles.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dalai

A lot of A, some E, all F.

Just give me something really different.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zitosilva

I'd like to see the flood of Hyrule in first hand. I remember there was a rumor that Twilight Princess would focus on this. It would be interesting to play as a Link that actually fails in his quest.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By TheFreeMan
    Icemael said:
    "New story. I don't want Ganon to be in it though. Why not make something new - maybe Hyrule could be in war with another country? A bit of politics, a bit of treachery, and some huge, epic battles."
    Now that it's been mentioned, I wouldn't mind some of this as well.

(Though having Ganon still in would be a plus)
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

The continuation of the style and story of Twilight princess, I dont want another kiddy Zelda game i liked TP's more adult theme.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By AgentJ
    Icemael said:
    "New story. I don't want Ganon to be in it though. Why not make something new - maybe Hyrule could be in war with another country? A bit of politics, a bit of treachery, and some huge, epic battles."
    How about some more Vaati? I think he's a really interesting villian, and i'd like to see more of him.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "The continuation of the style and story of Twilight princess, I dont want another kiddy Zelda game i liked TP's more adult theme."
    But did you really feel Twilight Princess to be that mature? I remember that one of the things that disappinted me in it, was the fact that we were promised a much more mature Zelda with a meaningful story. Instead we got more of the same.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

You should be able to grab a chicken, jump off a tall building, and glide to secrets that are otherwise inaccessible.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By mattysen

I really dont see how you can advance from OoT apart from having these really scatterd games, unless you do a sequel to OoT that would be pretty hard though 

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Big giant dildo. There I said it.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Suicrat

Now that Link has harnessed the power of railroads, he should become a freightrunner. And he fights Ganondorf (the government) and Zelda (the woman who doesn't appreciate him) to keep his company going. Only to have Tingle (John Galt-equivalent) come in and tell him that there's a place he can go where his abilities are valued and not decried as evil. The Legend of Zelda: Link Shrugged.

(Yes I'm aware that I merged Dagny Taggart and Henry Rearden into one character.)

Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scientist

New storyline.  Maybe no Ganondorf this time around.  When I think of this game I think of an epic train battle between Ganon and LInk.  Ganon would have his own dark train 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    zitosilva said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "The continuation of the style and story of Twilight princess, I dont want another kiddy Zelda game i liked TP's more adult theme."
    But did you really feel Twilight Princess to be that mature? I remember that one of the things that disappinted me in it, was the fact that we were promised a much more mature Zelda with a meaningful story. Instead we got more of the same."
    Yes we did get a more mature story it was far darker with actual death, the mature relationship that developed between midna and link *an actual link of intimate male female love* and the more adult looking characters.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#21  Edited By ArbitraryWater

How about *a* story instead of a few bits of forgettable dialogue in between each dungeon? Then again, Nintendo doesn't exactly have the best pedigree in storytelling, so it's questionable if it would work at all.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Meowayne

A story?

Oh, yes. A story would be nice for a change.

But it wouldn't be Zelda if it had a story. : (((((((((((((((((88

howlettgrowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By howlettgrowl

I want the Golden Goddesses to be more involved in the story and actual appear in the game and they should be the only characters to have voice actors since they are deities and creators of Hyrule and for Link to be more emotional.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.