Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda

Franchise »

Nintendo's flagship fantasy action-adventure series created by Shigeru Miyamoto and Takashi Tezuka in 1985, the Zelda series is the source of many revolutionary gameplay conventions, and continues to be one of the most popular and critically acclaimed video game franchises of all time.

I hate med school (also a Zelda timeline update)

siddarth0605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By siddarth0605

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been on this site but med school is a bitch that won't let me play any games. Oh well. I do hope to create my own Zelda timeline in the future however. I know that we've all seen thousands and thousands of them but I wanted to post my own theory. I have been holding off on releasing it but some things have happened over the last few weeks that made me change my mind. The first was E3. With the announcement of Spirit Tracks and the interview with Miyamoto-san about the next Zelda Wii game. Those two events got me pumped up again about Zelda. The second was a youtube video that someone made regarding their own theory. It was so popular that person sent it in to Nintendo and they responded saying that there is no timeline. While that may be considered a big shock to many, I personally think that they are bullshitting and saying that to keep up the mystery of this fantastic universe. Time and time again the developers and even Miyamoto-san himself have supported the idea of a timeline. So I think that whoever at Nintendo wrote that letter was some fucking PR asshole looking to piss us off. I wanted to show off my theory to show to Nintendo and to all Zelda fans that there can be an overarching story. While Zelda will always be enjoyed one game at a time, the cult following and epic fanbase derives from a belief that Zelda is not just a series of games but a single universe that is woven together quite beautifully. So tune in soon. I will hopefully try to put up my theory before my August term starts up. Until then. Peace!

siddarth0605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By siddarth0605

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been on this site but med school is a bitch that won't let me play any games. Oh well. I do hope to create my own Zelda timeline in the future however. I know that we've all seen thousands and thousands of them but I wanted to post my own theory. I have been holding off on releasing it but some things have happened over the last few weeks that made me change my mind. The first was E3. With the announcement of Spirit Tracks and the interview with Miyamoto-san about the next Zelda Wii game. Those two events got me pumped up again about Zelda. The second was a youtube video that someone made regarding their own theory. It was so popular that person sent it in to Nintendo and they responded saying that there is no timeline. While that may be considered a big shock to many, I personally think that they are bullshitting and saying that to keep up the mystery of this fantastic universe. Time and time again the developers and even Miyamoto-san himself have supported the idea of a timeline. So I think that whoever at Nintendo wrote that letter was some fucking PR asshole looking to piss us off. I wanted to show off my theory to show to Nintendo and to all Zelda fans that there can be an overarching story. While Zelda will always be enjoyed one game at a time, the cult following and epic fanbase derives from a belief that Zelda is not just a series of games but a single universe that is woven together quite beautifully. So tune in soon. I will hopefully try to put up my theory before my August term starts up. Until then. Peace!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Are you a linearest or a splitest?

siddarth0605

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By siddarth0605

Splitist

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @siddarth0605: Kk.  I was just wondering.
    Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kr3lian

You're in med school and still obsessed with the idea of coming up with a coherent timeline for the Zelda series?  Good lord man, give it up! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.