Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

The 3D Can Be a Little Rough in Ocarina

Blubba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Blubba

It usually looks pretty good, which makes it disappoint when it's bad. I got double images sometimes, and it wasn't because of my eyes or not having a good angle. When an object gets to close to the camera, the image gets pretty terrible. I noticed this at first when I got the first heart container after defeating the first boss inside the Deku Tree as Young Link. I saw an image of two hearts in the air and it was really disorienting. When I moved the slider down, you could see the hearts sliding back into one. It was pretty late and I thought my eyes must have been going bad. However, later the next day when I was "L"-targeting, a vine moved up really close into the camera and the same thing happened. It's hard to convey through a video, but this roughly what it looks like.

Again, it doesn't completely break the game, but it is pretty disorienting. Most of the time it goes unnoticed, but I do feel myself getting sick sometimes. I'm going to have to beat another boss and see if the heart containers still give double images.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bwheeeler

I keep my slider about halfway up, fixes every problem I was having with it all the way up.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Khadyn

@MagikOvenMit said:

I keep my slider about halfway up, fixes every problem I was having with it all the way up.

Just got my 3DS 2 days ago and have kept it at halfway up also, haven't seen any issues yet.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Nux

I just have the 3D off most of the time.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Blubba said:

It usually looks pretty good, which makes it disappoint when it's bad. I got double images sometimes, and it wasn't because of my eyes or not having a good angle. When an object gets to close to the camera, the image gets pretty terrible. I noticed this at first when I got the first heart container after defeating the first boss inside the Deku Tree as Young Link. I saw an image of two hearts in the air and it was really disorienting. When I moved the slider down, you could see the hearts sliding back into one. It was pretty late and I thought my eyes must have been going bad. However, later the next day when I was "L"-targeting, a vine moved up really close into the camera and the same thing happened. It's hard to convey through a video, but this roughly what it looks like.

Again, it doesn't completely break the game, but it is pretty disorienting. Most of the time it goes unnoticed, but I do feel myself getting sick sometimes. I'm going to have to beat another boss and see if the heart containers still give double images.

I dont think you are supposed to try and get a vine that close to the camera. THe 3D can not be perfect. Also I am sure they ran into issues portign the game and making it 3D. 
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1
    If I ever get a 3DS, which I know I will, I'll probably never use 3D. My eyes get strained playing regular games and every time I have played with a 3DS, either at a store or at a friend's house, I either feel sick or my head hurts a lot with the 3D on.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Blubba said:

Images of high contrast (a shining heart in a completely dark room), tend to break the parralax barrier ruining the effect.
    Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Khadyn

@RE_Player92 said:

If I ever get a 3DS, which I know I will, I'll probably never use 3D. My eyes get strained playing regular games and every time I have played with a 3DS, either at a store or at a friend's house, I either feel sick or my head hurts a lot with the 3D on.

I got the instant headaches when I first messed around with the 3D so, I worked my way up slowly to let my eyes adjust to it. Still get a slight headache but, making myself take breaks and watch TV or play a console for a bit before getting back into the 3DS. Funny thing is I enjoy the 3DS so much yet I freakin HATE going to 3d movies..weird I know. :/

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

You know if I stop and slowly move my camera around objects I can glitch through character models and walls in a lot of games. Who cares? I doubt you will ever notice it when actually playing the damn game.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By AuthenticM

This only happen when objects are really close to the camera. I've been playing with the 3D slider to the max with no problems. Just move the camera when this happens.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By buft

thats pretty common in 3d games, not just zelda

SolracFB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolracFB

This happens in every 3D game. Things that are too close to the camera make your eyes cross. They've also never looked pretty in 2D. Anyways there's a neat trick you can do when you glitch the camera to be inside a wall or character and your eyes cross, try closing just one eye, then the other; one eye gets the glitched image, the other doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.