Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Plot question (spoilers)

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So, yeah... where was Zelda for like 100 years? I get Link was in the stasis pod/bed/tank-thing, I can buy that it took 100 years for that thing to resurrect him. Y'know, video games. But where did Zelda go? She hasn't aged a day by the time we see her after the Dark Beast Ganon fight, and talks to you across the game from... somewhere.

Did you take that to mean she's essentially some sort of energy form in this time? Did I miss something? It's really not a 'thing', but by introducing all these massive time gaps, it leaves a lot of things up in the air.

My understanding is that Ganon was forever bound to Hyrule Castle for that 100 year period, whilst everyone and everything else carried on. Zelda is assumedly the one keeping him there, but how her sanity didn't take its toll across 100 YEARS OF SILENCE, I'll never know.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Picky_Bugger

She was inside Ganons tummy fighting him all that time. She didn't age or show any other effects because the Triforce (which I don't remember being mentioned once in the game) is magic.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Zelda was basically trapped inside a metaphysical bubble in a battle of endurance with Calamity Ganon, I'm imagining that is why she hasn't aged. I think it would have been really interesting if they had her age from inside and when you find her she's an old ass lady. I actually wish they did a lot of things different with the ending.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.