Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Have I just royally boned myself?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So after hours upon hours of searching for the Smash Bros. Amiibo, I tracked one down, and have been reloading saves over and over across multiple days to get the full Twilight set.

Thing is, I mustn't have saved after getting the Cap, and now when I try to spawn another, I'm getting broadswords and shields ALLLLL day long. I shudder to ask this, but are the clothing unlocks in BotW one-time things no matter what? Is there really no workaround?

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've only heard of Epona being a one time scan from that amiibo, not the armor set but I could be wrong.

Cameron_Friend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have two "Cap of Times" from the Ocarina of Time amiibo, so I believe that duplicate items are possible.

Hope this helps!

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two "Cap of Times" from the Ocarina of Time amiibo, so I believe that duplicate items are possible.

Hope this helps!

OH THANK GOD :D Cheers! Did it take forever to get the second one? I'm getting the feeling the drop-rate has PLUMMETED since getting the first haha, I've reloaded my save a good 20 times in a row and got nothing but arrows, shields n' swords.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toysoldier83: Even that's inaccurate. I summoned her, didn't realize it was Epona because I'm dumb, and lost her. Summoned her again a week later.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After (I think) 40 tries in a row, I finally got another Cap haha. Just to confirm though, duplicate clothing items are a thing! :D Cheers everyone!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@shalashaskauk666: To close out this thread, boy am I glad I don't own any amiibo. This is a quick save/quick load hell that I know I would be tempted by to get the full set, so lucky me, I'm too lazy to start buying amiibo now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.