Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XIII

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 14, 2010

Expanding on the revamped visual style of The King of Fighters XII, the thirteenth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series concludes the three-part story of Ash Crimson and the mysterious Those From The Past organization.

Who is on your team?

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jewunit

I am new to the KOF series and the last few days I have been trying to find a stable team to use for online play. I started off with (from first to third) Duo Lon/Kensou/Mature (AKA: Team Rekka), but I found that the inputs for Duo lon's moves were a bit more demanding than what I could handle. As such, I swapped out Duo for Hwa Jai. Now, however, I am having second thoughts on Kensou and am taking a shine to Benimaru. My profile team remains Kensou/Mature/Haw Jai right now, but I am looking to refine the team more.

Anyway, what teams are you folks using?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am settling with Andy and K' so far just because they can work as both a first and final character. They can help gain meter while being effective without them if first. As a final, they have enough meter for some good shit.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jewunit

@ThePhantomnaut said:

I am settling with Andy and K' so far just because they can work as both a first and final character. They can help gain meter while being effective without them if first. As a final, they have enough meter for some good shit.

You bring up a few good points. I have not really looked into the "battery" qualities of my characters. I have actually had more problems using meter than building it while online. HD mode has been hard to master and remembering the inputs for all of the various supers the characters have has been a little difficult.

Along with meter-building, I have not really considered team order dynamics. Since I am still fairly ignorant of how characters match-up, I have stuck with the same order to get a feel for who is good against who. I guess I should head to a wiki site and find the answers instead of screwing around while I learn a little at a time.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By jkuc316

I suck so much, so I use team Fatal Fury.

mcbonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By mcbonjon

I'm still trying to find the right mix of characters to use. As of this writing, I'm using Human Saiki / Kyo / Mai. I've tried out most of the characters and now it's just a matter of finding the right characters that compliment each other.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Necrotrophic

Kyo, Kim and Mature

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands

I based my team purely on aesthetics and ended up with Kulu/K'/and either King or Kyo, gotta find out which of those last two I prefer. My team also has an unfortunate set of initials.

kadosho_16bit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By kadosho_16bit

Working out different teams.. thus far Mature, King, and Mai / Kyo, Vice, Elisabeth / Leona, King, Benimaru

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

Kasumi, Ryu, and Bowser.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

Terry, Joe, and Shen.

I haven't actually got this game yet. I will this week though....or maybe Ultimate MvC 3. But I'm really not too keen on what Capcom did.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Lnin0

Picked it up today but haven't had much time to play. I got the only copy from Gamestop and it came with the soundtrack as an added bonus. Max Impact aside, I haven't played a KOF game since the Dreamcast days so I had to stick with Mia, Leona and Terry.

I am still horrible and the CPU has no mercy dishing out power attacks every chance it gets. Even with the madcatz fighting pad I couldn't finish the tutorial where you had to do the hyperdrive cancel into a max move. I cannot fathom how anyone could pull of cancels with any regularity.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jewunit

@Lnin0 said:

Picked it up today but haven't had much time to play. I got the only copy from Gamestop and it came with the soundtrack as an added bonus. Max Impact aside, I haven't played a KOF game since the Dreamcast days so I had to stick with Mia, Leona and Terry.

I am still horrible and the CPU has no mercy dishing out power attacks every chance it gets. Even with the madcatz fighting pad I couldn't finish the tutorial where you had to do the hyperdrive cancel into a max move. I cannot fathom how anyone could pull of cancels with any regularity.

Yeah, I have a hard time using HD effectively. If you can master it though, the rewards seem pretty significant. I've seen people pulling off 70%-100% combos using HD and the Neo Max Cancel together. Pretty scary stuff, but it's going to take a while to learn it.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Jaktajj

Just got it today - my first KIng of fighters game! After playing a few hours and trying a few characters, my team at the moment is Leona, Ralf and King. No reason, they just seem the most fun to play so far!

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jkuc316

I've finally found my team! Ash/K'/Ryo, I know, 2/3 of that team essentially has moves from Street Fighter characters.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Vade

I think I'm slowly settling with Duo Lon/ K' / Kyo. I really really wanted to use Benimaru but he's more of a hit & run and normal move zoning character. I like to have simple and efficient oki pressure and Beni wasn't going to cut it. I'm not using Kyo particularly well yet and I might trade him for NESTS Kyo when he comes out but I'll try to stick to some version of Kyo regardless. K' has every tool I want and he's definitely in.

My gamestyle is overwhelming offense and letting my opponent hang himself in desperation, as always. Not doing that well yet (hanging around 50% winrate with 200 games) but once I get a feel for the jump system, I should do awwright.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By OneManX

Terry, Joe, Iori.

Was my KOF team in '98 and '96, and I plan on keeping it now.

when I get my hands on KOF XIII and really get to mess around with it, I want to mess around with different combos and see whats up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.