Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XIII

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 14, 2010

Expanding on the revamped visual style of The King of Fighters XII, the thirteenth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series concludes the three-part story of Ash Crimson and the mysterious Those From The Past organization.

The King of Fighters XIII for Consoles Confirmed!

mcbonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By mcbonjon
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

Hopefully better than 12

zanetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zanetsu

Yes! Finally! I've been wanting to play this for a long time.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Leave it to Atlus to pick up publishing rights.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Gonna get mai copy at launch.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

I hope someone brings this to Europe. 

It doesn't have Vanessa which sucks, but I think I can manage with Kula, Athena and Yuri.

mcbonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By mcbonjon
    @Icemael said:
    It doesn't have Vanessa which sucks, but I think I can manage with Kula, Athena and Yuri.
    I imagine that there is some form of extra content coming for this game. I would like Vanessa in the game as well, along with B. Jenet.  
    I'm just going to say, let's wait and see. There's still a few months out before release. There may be some reveals.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @McBonJon: Man, I forgot about Jenet. She was awesome in XI. 

The usually add extra characters to the console version, so I suppose they could be included. Not going to get my hopes up though.
    AOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By AOR

I was way hyped for KOF XII and was sorely disappointed once I got my hands on it. I've been keeping a close eye on this one and checking out a ton of videos so I'm fairly sure it'll be better than their previous attempt. Since Atlus is known for coming out with Special Collector's Edition versions for the games they publish, I'm trying to convince myself to not put down $150 once the game comes out with a Mai boob mousepad or some other ridiculous tie-in product.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shinigami420

KOF XII IS NOT AS BAD AS EVERYONE SAYS IT WAS JUST SHORT ON CONTENT THE SPRITES AND THE GAMEPLAY WAS PRETTY FUCKING GOOD

AOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By AOR

@shinigami420 said:

KOF XII IS NOT AS BAD AS EVERYONE SAYS IT WAS JUST SHORT ON CONTENT THE SPRITES AND THE GAMEPLAY WAS PRETTY FUCKING GOOD

You can't be serious. The game was very unbalanced due to half of the roster being unfinished. Some characters had two super moves but some had just one, some characters had five special moves while others had just two. This isn't the sort of thing where Guile just has two moves because he's fucking Guile either. This was characters like Ralf, Leona, Chin, Kensou and Clark being gutted of their moves and being left with a couple that really weren't that useful. You compare that with other characters like Robert and Joe who granted, have always had a pretty extensive moveset completely dominating the competition. The gameplay was unbalanced, with Joe becoming KOFXII's Ryu online with people using him constantly due to his unstoppable flying knee kick. There were like four stages to fight on if you don't include their day cycle variants. The arcade mode was a joke (No end boss, really?), the online mode was total ass not just lag-wise but also UI-wise, with an interface system so clunky it resembled the shoddy ports of KOF 98, Garou: MotW and 2002UM SNKP put out.

It was a mediocre game, dude. The sprites were awesome and the fighting system was pretty enjoyable but man did it feel lacking. I'm a big fighting game fan and I've always loved the KOF games, so I was very very disappointed with XII. Here's to XIII hopefully correcting their past mistakes.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.