Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XIII

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jul 14, 2010

Expanding on the revamped visual style of The King of Fighters XII, the thirteenth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series concludes the three-part story of Ash Crimson and the mysterious Those From The Past organization.

New Gameplay Footage!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

Alright, here's some playtesting footage of King Of Fighters XIII. Props to a friend on Facebook for posting this:

It essentially looks like King Of Fighters XII. I don't know if they are keeping the same exact sprites (which were actually low-res), or if they are redrawing them or upping the pixel count so it's actually high definition. Regardless, the fighting system looks the same, which is a good thing, because the new system rocks.
    leecanread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By leecanread

if you want up to date KoF XIII news as it comes in, as well as a slew of videos and screenshots, check out the kof cyberfanatix forums in the gaming news section. The loc test for today is over, but they continue until the 28th I believe, so there will be more tidbits and lots of videos for sure. So far I love everything I see, and am glad XII came out to tide everyone over until this.

The sprites are exactly the same, they are only zoomed out closer to their 100% sizes(around 120% maybe?), as opposed to their 200% sizes in XII. This makes the appearance of any jagginess less obvious, and also returns the game to the more classic KoF character:screen ratio. XII sprites weren't low res, unless you consider Guilty Gear X size low-res. The game should look pretty slick.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.