Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

weird audio bug

studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By studnoth1n

so i noticed this odd hissing/burning sound which seems to be originating from my actual character--the sound is louder in first-person view, and is more faint in third-person view. to be more specific, it sounds like a looping effect from an audio file. it sound like it could be an effect from a spell, or even an ambient effect of loose dirt/gravel falling, sounds you usually hear while in a cave/mine. not entirely sure.

anyway, i can't remember exactly when it started, but i believe it began while i was on a daedric quest (mehrunes' razor). initially i thought i might have had a spell active or an active effect, but that didn't seem to be the case. i also tried fast traveling to different locations in case it might have had something to with the proximity of a specific location. afterwards i checked online and apparently a few others have experienced this audio bug, or at least something like it. the solution involved opening up the command console and typing in a 'sexchange' command. this had something to do with an arrow or an object getting stuck inside the character, prompting the looping sound file, presumably. unfortunately i don't have that luxury since i'm on the 360 so i have to rely on the possibility there might be a way to somehow "glich" it off.

it's been steady and hasn't let up yet, so i'm a little concerned. and though it's not game-breaking, it is very annoying. it's subtle enough that i could almost ignore it, but significant enough that it might drive me completely insane.

also, i think i may have encountered this audio bug earlier in game and simply ignored it, particularly because it didn't last long enough for me to be concerned. not sure though, but seems familiar. anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to shed some light on the matter.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Is it an enchantment on a piece of armor? Try unequipping everything and see if it stops.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By SpacePenguin
    @studnoth1n
    YES! I have the same problem, I thought it was the sound from one of my shouts that just never turned off, it is really annoying. Unfortunatly Im on the 360 too so there doesnt seem to be any fix to it. 

I actualy just play in 3rd pesron most of the time because the sond is so louder when your in 1st. But it is a very annoying bug.
    studnoth1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By studnoth1n

yeah i tried dumping everything from my inventory, but that didn't seem to have an effect. i feel pretty confident in saying, based on what i've experienced and what i've read from other people's accounts, this is not an intended effect within the game.

also, for a while it sounded like it was beginning to fade, at least slowly.

JKEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a major necro ik but this is still a massive problem, this bug traveled all the way from LE 2011 to now SE 2021 and the only thing I found that gets rid of it is using the command sexchange, but after load it's back.

I'm hoping someone has found a fix for this because using this command really messed up most of my saves, it breaks some mods for some reason and creates a CTD nightmare!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.