Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 18, 2015

The seventh main installment of the Tekken series brings the conflict within the Mishima clan to its conclusion.

Weird Difficulty Ramp In Story?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So, I am going through the story mode of Tekken 7 and I have to say its been pretty enjoyable. I have been able to get through it relatively easy on the "normal" difficulty without any of the assists they give. However, when you get to Akuma vs Heihachi I've found the game turns seemingly into unfair territory. Akuma is not only his typical more squishy self but I'm also doing very little damage to Heihachi no matter what I do...Heihachi also seems more resistance to juggling and punishments as well.

Is this a case of "git gud" or does the game actually just start getting unfair in that fight? First time I've actually gotten "rage quit" feelings over a fighting game's story mode :|

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I had similar feelings with the story mode, especially towards the end. I'm not familiar with this game's systems, so can't say how much is BS vs my ignorance of how the game works, but I wasn't happy that the CPU was throwing out moves that would absorb multiple hits, negating whatever I was doing.

I think I ended up spamming safe, but powerful attacks to lame out those later fights. And throws, throw whenever you can.

As a warning, there's at least one boss that slowly regenerates health, so you have something to look forward to. And one last pro-tip, as counter-intuitive as it may seem, if you see your story mode opponent charging a red attack at the end of a fight, that's your cue to wail on them to trigger the final QTE.

GKabooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Personally had to tone down the difficulty for the last few fights (Probably that regen boss fight) but yea... spam safe moves , look for openings and play to Akuma's strength (Hadoukens or a low sweep so you can back up then use hadoukens was my strategy. Hurricane kicks if you're absolutely safe.)

BiggaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BiggaP

So im wondering i've just finished the story mode and the last 2 fights were god awfull in terms of difficulty... I had my story mode difficulty at medium, but had to go to easy. Yet my CPU difficulty for the game is on Ultra Hard did that affect the story mode CPU as well? Because checking that changing story mode difficulty did nothing but adding more health on the opponents...

ThePhantomPear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThePhantomPear

Just tone down the difficulty to a single star. There is no reason to 'get good' since the AI uses cheap moves, has invincible frames, infinite armor, cannot be juggled, can get out of juggles, uses parry's etc. There is no honor lost in fighting on easy. Wait until you get to the Special epilogue...

Maximillian needed 9 hours and 38 minutes to beat Akuma on the hardest difficulty of 10 stars. He got no reward.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BradBrains

I didn't have too much issues but the epilogue where you fight against an overpowered Akuma I think might be literally impossible for me to beat. I've tried it over and over again and they just teleport away and then do crazy combos. Even on Easy.

Currently I play the arcade on Very Hard so that kind of difficulty on easy is a bit insane to me.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephantompear: It was 10 hours to beat the entire story mode on 10 stars. It was around 2 hours for Akuma.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.