Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

Tekken 6, please do not turn this into a Smash Bros Brawl.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By REDRUN
    Disclaimer/Warning: Tekken 6 is for the Arcade, Xbox 360 and PS3, you Nintendo Fanboys go somewhere else.

I know this line up of characters will be massive. To add new characters into the mix, sure why not. I counted 42 characters, i may of miscounted a few but, that is not the point. When is there enough characters to play as? My worries is balance gameplay and not having to worry over politics like which character should be banned for next tournament, and which character broke the game. I know the game is not on shelves yet, I had already pre-ordered my copy and have a fightstick in hand. I am buying this game because Tekken was awesome, its just now I have doubts. I just hope to god that this does not turn into a Smash Bros Brawl community.

(oh sh*t, I think I just stirred up the hornet's nest at the Nintendo camp, here they come anyways)
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By REDRUN

OMG, you made me lul'd so hard. You made my day. xD

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince
    MattyFTM said:
    "You know as soon as you say not to mention something people are going to mention it. "
    You could have just linked to the WIKI.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Miniman said:
    "First person to quote Matty's post gets a +1."
    I did =)

But I cut it down =(
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

I still -1'd SDL.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By REDRUN
    MattyFTM said:
    "You know as soon as you say not to mention something people are going to mention it.

Heck, why the fuck would someone talk about smash bros in a thread about Tekken? They wouldn't, so why troll by telling people not to, when you know full well that saying that is going to make them talk about it? You don't want to talk about Tekken, you want to start an argument about smash bros. brawl. You're a dumbass, and I'm going to talk about smash bros. brawl:

EDIT: I'm sorry for posting this, I know I shouldn't fall for it, and that I've done exactly what the troll wants, but something about the sheer stupidity of this post just struck a nerve. Once again, sorry

"

Yes, this was a troll trap... i did a warn you up front, right?

The original post was my gripe about when awesome games go out of hand. Brawl is a great game, its a game that sales and pretty much in many Wii owner's home. Wii's are in more home than any other console or for those who own multiple consoles or handhelds. My remark about fan boys is what the usual outcome of any thread comparing one game or console to the next. People quickly react and forget to take the fanboy hat off and just take games for what they are withouth the argument which console it should be on. I made a remark about the community and politics that are the arguments that are stirred around from the living room to professional events, like Evo2k4 and Devestation. If you are not familiar with the politics of the Brawl community in the tournement leagues, i suggest you check it out. You did paste the wiki right?

Tekken's roster had been getting larger and larger. Its been getting to the point where it may get a wonderful review the first week, then when someone finds a bug, or character that can "break" the gameplay. The reviews are out and a week later, Tekken fans are left with a community of griefers. This happened for bit with a few games like Gear of War for example witht he multiplayer, but later on was fixed. With fighting games, companys haven't made a major effort in fixing game breaking characters or moves they have overlooked or missed. For issues like netcodes, UI and crashes, those would get fixed. For them to admit that the characters they sent out on final release a mistake, I guess not. Instead, a sequel quickly roles out for the jaded community to move on the next game that happens to be "the better game" and we complained how that one character go nerfed badly.
    DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By DeeJay

I've played Tekken 6 BR, a lot, it is a balanced fighting game, or at least just as balanced as any other Tekken game.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By trophyhunter

who cares lots of characters is lots of fun
    street fighter 4 could have use 20 more

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
    trophyhunter said:
    "who cares lots of characters is lots of fun street fighter 4 could have use 20 more "
    Good ones though. A lot of the new characters seemed completely pointless.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By trophyhunter
    HandsomeDead said:
    "trophyhunter said:
    "who cares lots of characters is lots of fun street fighter 4 could have use 20 more "
    Good ones though. A lot of the new characters seemed completely pointless."
    what do you mean pointless they are dudes fighting each other for no reason
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoG
    REDRUN said:
    "Disclaimer/Warning: Tekken 6 is for the Arcade, Xbox 360 and PS3, you Nintendo Fanboys go somewhere else.

I know this line up of characters will be massive. To add new characters into the mix, sure why not. I counted 42 characters, i may of miscounted a few but, that is not the point. When is there enough characters to play as? My worries is balance gameplay and not having to worry over politics like which character should be banned for next tournament, and which character broke the game. I know the game is not on shelves yet, I had already pre-ordered my copy and have a fightstick in hand. I am buying this game because Tekken was awesome, its just now I have doubts. I just hope to god that this does not turn into a Smash Bros Brawl community.

(oh sh*t, I think I just stirred up the hornet's nest at the Nintendo camp, here they come anyways)"
    Brawl is as balanced and fun as any serious fighting game. If you're worried about roster size, check out the KoF games.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob

Brawl isn't even a fighting game. Its a platformer with some very simple fightiing mechanics. I don't see how anyone could compare it with Tekken.

Wait, balance? In Brawl? Are you joking? Do you honestly think people who play Brawl even know what the term 'balance' means?
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gahzoo
    @trophyhunter said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "trophyhunter said:
    Good ones though. A lot of the new characters seemed completely pointless."
    what do you mean pointless they are dudes fighting each other for no reason"

Ugh. 

Do I really have to explain this?
    HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HotSauceMagik

I hear T6 is very balenced.  Tournaments show where the bad balance is and apparently most, if not all characters are represented.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  

As for Brawl, well I bought it and played it for a few months...Not really my cup of tea, but i don't see what all the fuss is over.  If people want to be competitive about a game than its competitive.  Its not the game that decides if its good for tournaments, its the players.  Sure It APPEARS the devs meant brawl to be a fun pick up and play kind of game, with not too many underlying mechanics, but if people want to lay it competitively then so be it.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By dbz1995

42 characters isn't that bad-knowing Tekken, they have probably made them all fairly good to play as and balanced them out well. Tekken has IMO got the best balanced roster with fighting. Although IMO Street Fighter has a better one.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Godwind

Never liked Tekken all that much.  I see Virtua Fighter as being far better.

As poorly balanced as Super Smash Bros. Brawl is, its still better than Tekken.  Seriously, why should I give a shit about whether I punch with my left hand or right hand.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Willy105

Well, Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a lot of characters, but it doesn't have any problems of characters being banned from tournaments since the whole game has been balanced completely, unlike Melee for Gamecube.

As long as the characters balance each other out, Tekken can have has many characters as they want. More = better.

@MysteriousBob said:

" Brawl isn't even a fighting game. Its a platformer with some very simple fightiing mechanics. I don't see how anyone could compare it with Tekken.

Wait, balance? In Brawl? Are you joking? Do you honestly think people who play Brawl even know what the term 'balance' means?
    "

Do you even know what Brawl is?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.