Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

System Shock 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 11, 1999

Developed by Looking Glass Studios and released in 1999, this cyberpunk first-person shooter with RPG elements established new standards for storytelling and gameplay.

System Shock 2 free on GOG.com

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The best game ever made My favorite game of all time is temporarily free on GOG.com to launch their summer sale. It's aged (like a fine wine), and it's hard as balls (are you a bad enough dude?), but it's the best (only) example of an FPS/RPG hybrid done right. With some mods, it's even still a looker.

No Caption Provided

To get it, you have to download the (completely optional) GOG Galaxy client, but you don't have to even have Galaxy on your machine to install and run your copy of SS2 if you don't want to.

So pick it up, fool.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Well, I'm just going to take this as an invitation to post a couple of screenshots:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If anyone is wondering: This game holds up, even if some the mechanics are a bit difficult by modern standards.

I didn't play this back in the day, and went through it a few years back when they put it back out on Steam.

Everyone who has the chance should pick it up.

EDIT: Also the best CRPG of all time ever, Planescape Torment is like $2 $5 so everyone should buy that too.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Anyone who is on the fence should absolutely play this game. I played it for the first time in 2013 and its now one of my favourite games up there with Deus Ex, Morrowind and Thief.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@beachthunder: @mlarrabee: I have it on steam but never played. What mods are you guys using on those screenshots?

davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I bought this on steam like 8 months ago or so and played it for the first time. It's quite incredible. Definitely holds up, and it's interesting to see where some of Bioshock's influences came from. First time I saw my outstretched hand squeezing a metal orb I was like, "oh, yup, that's some straight up Bioshock shit."

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.