Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Star Wars

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Nov 01, 1992

Based on the original 1977 Star Wars film, Super Star Wars is an arcade-style side-scrolling platformer chronicling Luke Skywalker's journey from the deserts of Tatooine to the massive Imperial superweapon known as the Death Star.

Tuesday's other HUGE Star Wars release!

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dr_monocle

So Disney Interactive Studios re-released Super Star Wars which I guess some of ya'll might remember was a nice bullet point when they announced alongside that Vader. They put in trophy support, "new save features" (whatever that means, I guess just quicksaves and end of level saves?), and new display options.

Oh, yeah, and it's $10. Yup. Forgetting the uhhh "other ways" you can get the game, how is $10 justified? I took a cursory glance at eBay and you can still find SNES carts of the game for around that price. Yes, I know the majority of PS4 owners do not have a working SNES, but I think this is a bit steep. I love the Super Star Wars games and played the shit out of them as a youngster. As someone who grew up as and remained a pretty faithful Star Wars fan this is kinda disheartening.

Honestly I'd be pretty willing to pay $10 for all 3 of the Super Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi with the "treatment" they gave it. However, a 23 year old game that they barely touched and are still expecting this much for feels terrible.

I dunno, I guess I'm done. It's probably not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but: yuck.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By a_e_martin

It's not available in Europe, for whatever reason. I hope the other three games they announced (Bounty Hunter, Racer Revenge and Jedi Starfighter) at least make it here.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Nintendo didnt charge $10 for SNES titles on VC (also largely unchanged from the originals)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.