Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 23, 2010

The first Mario sequel in over 15 years to appear on the same console as its predecessor, Mario is back in the galactic platforming game, joined by Yoshi as he explores additional planets with new mechanics, power-ups, and boss battles.

Will you be going 242?

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WickedFather
    WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WickedFather

To be fair getting 120 stars in this game is pretty easy but I've started 'round two' and can already see that it's a bit crap.  I can imagine people doing it with a game guide but I've never done that in my life.  Maybe I'd try it every week or so, but not for long.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis

Already finished that a week ago. The very last galaxy is no cakewalk (unlike the one from the first game).  
    I found the green stars to be a better "second quest" than just doing the exact same stars again as Luigi. There's no real progression in difficulty with them, as its kinda all over the place (the green stars in a galaxy are the same amount as the regular power stars). Plus its not that hard to find where the stars are (there's that tinkling sound they make, so you can listen to where they are). Trying to get them is the real challenge.

On the OCD side of things, it's worth it to see every galaxy completed with a gold crown.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105

I am not even that far in the game!

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WickedFather
    @Willy105 said:

" I am not even that far in the game! "

Just vote when You've got an idea of what you'll do.  I played it every day until I got the 120 but then started the green stars and it's just not as compelling for me, maybe because I've got a big pile of games to get on with.

I felt like there's a longer time between when you can do a shakey-spin attacks than the first game but don't know if that's crap as I leant out my first game and haven't had it back.  (Haven't even get 120 in the first one and really want to get it back now.)
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jonnyboy

Question: Is 'Luigi's purple coins' style level back? 

If not, then sure. If yes, then Fuck No, the last time drove me mad.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WickedFather

There are purple coin levels but they're just prankster comets in the main campaign and they're pretty easy.  Easier than the one Chimp Challenge jumping on octos.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Willy105
    @WickedFather said:

" @Willy105 said:

" I am not even that far in the game! "

Just vote when You've got an idea of what you'll do.  I played it every day until I got the 120 but then started the green stars and it's just not as compelling for me, maybe because I've got a big pile of games to get on with.  I felt like there's a longer time between when you can do a shakey-spin attacks than the first game but don't know if that's crap as I leant out my first game and haven't had it back.  (Haven't even get 120 in the first one and really want to get it back now.) "
    I won't give up on a Mario game unless it's simply too hard, like in Mario Sunshine.

@WickedFather said:
    " There are purple coin levels but they're just prankster comets in the main campaign and they're pretty easy.  Easier than the one Chimp Challenge jumping on octos. "

That Chimp Challenge was pretty easy, unless you mean a different one from the one I played.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By KingBroly

I already did.  I'm never doing that again.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne

I did not get all Luigi stars in SMG1, but we'll see about this one.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WickedFather
    @Willy105 said:

That Chimp Challenge was pretty easy, unless you mean a different one from the one I played. "

How many points did you have to get?  10,000?  the 600 I think it was, that was eeeaasy.  The 10k one with the swing is just a bit annoying and it took me a few times to work out where to focus my time.

I've done a few more green stars today but I can already seeing it lacking the fun of the main game and having to slog in a Mario game is not really what I want.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I love Mario but man, I've never wanted to 100% any of the 3D Mario games, that's just too much Mario for me.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By spankingaddict

i have 241, its pretty easy. i just need to get about 3,000 star bits to get the very last star...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.