Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 23, 2010

The first Mario sequel in over 15 years to appear on the same console as its predecessor, Mario is back in the galactic platforming game, joined by Yoshi as he explores additional planets with new mechanics, power-ups, and boss battles.

Hightail Falls Galaxy - Mysterious Penguin?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Meowayne

I've started playing through World 2 today and I have just got the 2 power stars and 1 medal on Hightail Falls Galaxy - the one where you first encounter the peppers with Yoshi. 

Now on the first ascent on the left, there is an additional pepper that is a little more difficult to reach. When you do get it, you can climb a little higher and reach a new platform.

The thing is, the platforms seems pretty pointless. There is an old penguin on top that tells you how awesome Coins are, and nothing else. What the hell is going on with that guy? Or do I return there somewhere later in the game?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene
    @Meowayne: I think he is just there to give a hint about the secret star of that level. It is somewhat further along and requires you to give i believe 30 coins to a "feeding" luma.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Willy105

He's a character from the original Mario Galaxy that made a cameo.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne
    @Endogene said:

" @Meowayne: I think he is just there to give a hint about the secret star of that level. It is somewhat further along and requires you to give i believe 30 coins to a "feeding" luma. "

Yeah, but that "secret star" isn't hidden at all, and is in fact much easier to reach than that goddamn penguin. I mean how can you reach that obvious, middle-of-the-level Luma without already having 30 coins? I had long had that "secret star" before I finally made it to the Pointless Penguin.

For a game this polished and well-designed, it seems pretty weird to include a hint that is much more difficult to reach and much less obvious than the actual thing it hints at.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Endogene
    @Meowayne said:
    " @Endogene said:

" @Meowayne: I think he is just there to give a hint about the secret star of that level. It is somewhat further along and requires you to give i believe 30 coins to a "feeding" luma. "

Yeah, but that "secret star" isn't hidden at all, and is in fact much easier to reach than that goddamn penguin. I mean how can you reach that obvious, middle-of-the-level Luma without already having 30 coins? I had long had that "secret star" before I finally made it to the Pointless Penguin.  For a game this polished and well-designed, it seems pretty weird to include a hint that is much more difficult to reach and much less obvious than the actual thing it hints at. "
    Oh yeah for sure, they should have swapped the pinguin with the Luma there.  I'm in world 5 now with 50 something stars and odd NPC placement with either useless or beyond obvious hints are all over the place. If anything i do not like about the game then it is that. This guy actually does pop up a second time in the twin waterfall level saying that you should use the shell in the water or something like that.

I  did not have 30 coins when i first got to him...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.