Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Castlevania IV

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 31, 1991

An enhanced recreation of the original Castlevania, retelling Simon Belmont's crusade against Dracula with new levels, content, and gameplay elements.

Bottomless pits, the game

joques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joques

I dunno. I just made it past the spinning room and the stone monster boss, and I am approaching "man, fuck this game". For the whole of section 4 and the last part of section 3 I think it took me at least 20-25 tries - and I didn't die to hit point loss a single time. Every death was some kind of fall into a pit. Whether due to the imprecise swinging mechanic with unpredictable momentum when coming off the swing, or a medusa head that knocked me off a platform, or those green platforms that you have to jump onto and off really fast, or a fishman randomly popping his head up and ruining my day mid-swing, or trying to figure out the gimmick with the rotating room ... Sections 1 and 2, and the first parts of section 3 felt like an action platformer, and I was on board. But now it's just become a puzzle platformer with controls that aren't up to the job.

Does it get better going forward?

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Super Castlevania is not a great Castlevania game. I haven't played it in years so I can't answer your question directly but I do remember not being impressed with that one.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

just keep playing, it's not at the difficult parts of a game. The medusa heads are total cheap knock you out of the air deaths in the series, along with crows and owls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.