Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

So, Xbox Infinity

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

So, my PC sucks. its the most piece of shit, probably not ever. Its a Dell, dammit I can't wait to replace it one day and hit it with a stick outside. And I've heard that some people, inexplicably, probably hated The Old Republic. I can't play it. How possible is it, mm, technically, financially?, for Bioware to port it over to the next Xbox. I would honestly pay a solid 40, just to play this. How much would you joyful kids, pay for this wonderful piece of art?

And yea, Star Wars 1313 looks good too. Good, fine.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Blu3V3nom07 said:

So, my PC sucks. its the most piece of shit, probably not ever. Its a Dell, dammit I can't wait to replace it one day and hit it with a stick outside. And I've heard that some people, inexplicably, probably hated The Old Republic. I can't play it. How possible is it, mm, technically, financially?, for Bioware to port it over to the next Xbox. I would honestly pay a solid 40, just to play this. How much would you joyful kids, pay for this wonderful piece of art?

And yea, Star Wars 1313 looks good too. Good, fine.

Port a MMO that is slowly dieing? Why? 
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

highly unlikely, mmos on consoles... ehh... we'll see.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

TOR isn't going to last too much longer and it wasn't really made with a console's power limits or control limits in mind in the first place. I doubt that EA will bother.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

I think there's a better chance of Battlefront 3 getting finished. (Read: never happen)

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Rohok

If you could afford to buy the nextgen console, then you could put that money to building a rig capable of running TOR. Seriously, you don't need something so far advanced you can run an ArmA 2 server while playing the same game on max settings. Considering the next console will probably be 600 dollars, that 600 dollars could easily buy you a halfway decent card, CPU, and motherboard. Shit, I bet the PC I own now, which was about 1000 dollars when I built it, would probably only cost like 400 if you bought all the parts and built it now.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EXTomar

I don't follow the logic. The poster laments they can't afford a PC to play SWTOR but then eagerly asks if EA will port it to the next XBox. If onecan't afford a PC right now I'm unclear why can they suddenly afford a brand new next gen system?

SWTOR runs like crap due to the Hero Engine client but you should give it a try on your PC anyway where you might be surprised by how well it works anyway.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By RawknRo11a

sorry to burst your bubble but EA is barely making any money off of it now and from what I hear those guys like to make money so... doubt it will happen

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I don't see The Old Republic doing anything but losing more and more players let alone coming over to a next gen console where the install base would be small for the first 2 years.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Welp if you log on TOR right now every US server is either Heavy, Very Heavy, or Full; considering "dying" MMOs like Warhammer are still around with under 5000 subs I think TOR can subsist with several hundred thousand. 4 years is probably the lowest period of time before it dies but probably more like 7-8; depending on when the Kingdom Hearts/Star Wars crossover MMO is released after Disney buys Square Enix.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Driadon

Hey, if you'd be willing to buy that for about $20 million, or so, instead of $40, I'm sure they'd try to find a way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.