Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Fox 2

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Sep 29, 2017

Star Fox 2 was fully developed Super Nintendo game left unreleased until 2017, when it was sold in all regions as part of the Super NES Classic edition. Later installments in the Star Fox franchise would implement Star Fox 2's mechanical and story elements as their own.

Star Fox 2 Discussion

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Also known as 2017's Star Fox 2.

I just beat my first run of Star Fox 2 with Fox and Fay. Cleared everything on normal with a time of 122, Corneria took 45% damage, and I didn't use a partner continue. Netted me a "D" rating for my efforts, and it all felt surprisingly easy. Which is good because I really wanna play more of this and on the higher difficulties as well, and not just because I wanna get a better score.

This game's a really weird departure from Star Fox 1 and is also kinda awesome. The open combat arenas (hello Star Fox 64), the system overworld, the enemy pieces all moving in real time even during encounters.

I was taking out a squad of no-name ships when in the middle of the fight one of the Star Wolf aces joined in, complete with mid-fight intro, all the while the Mirage Dragon began to lay siege to Corneria. It's the sort of thing that makes me wish it wasn't a 20+ year old SNES game I was seeing these systems in, because holy crap even here it's rad and exciting and totally makes me wanna play more.

Anyone else get a chance to give this thing a spin?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ry_Ry

The game looks like a lot of fun. I hope enough SNES Classics get out there for a lot of people to enjoy this game.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't managed to get round to starfox yet, just working my way slowly through the various games with the fiance and watching the kids playing Mario world and street fighter

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's pretty awesome, I wish they would revisit starfox in a way that doesn't incorporate gimmicks. The sort of arcade gameplay has always felt good to me, and adding on some additional layers like SF2 can make for a really fun game. Unfortunatley it seems like Nintendo doesn't really know what to do with SF these days, like they have seemed a bit wishy washy about Metroid and some other good franchises. Maybe they'll get it together at some point though.

mintyice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Took me three or four tries to beat it but if you get a good start it's pretty easy. I liked it!

neckface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By neckface

I've played through it twice now on normal and I really enjoy it. Looking forwards to trying it on harder difficulties as it's not particularly challenging so far.

I think on the whole it's a really interesting and enjoyable game, but I can absolutely see why they didn't release it back in the day.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just can't play it, the framerate is below of what i find playable sadly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.