Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Siren: Blood Curse

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 24, 2008

Siren: Blood Curse is the PlayStation 3 installment in Sony's horror franchise, available for download in episodic packs on PlayStation Network.

SIREN: Blood Curse, Quick Impressions.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

I bought SIREN back when it came out to the PSN. After playing a chapter a week for the past months, I now find myself playing a chapter or two a night. I want to pace myself because I'm enjoying it, and I don't want it to end. The story grabbed me all of a sudden, by chapter 4. (There are 12 chapters)

That's also what I love about SIREN, it's cut up in chunks, so if you only have one hour or so to play, it's perfect for that. It even recaps what happened the previous chapter, in case you forgot.

The controls are the main obstacle for anyone wanting to try this game out, but it only takes a few minutes and you get it. It seems like a very Japanese game and I'm loving the intricate controls(don't worry it's no MGS) and the insane story. It's actually scary in some parts, specially when you can't fight back.

This is quite a special game.

No means no!
    No means no!
    OH MAH GAWD!
    OH MAH GAWD!
    Shoot him now!
    Shoot him now!
    Those are some scary butterflies.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

I bought SIREN back when it came out to the PSN. After playing a chapter a week for the past months, I now find myself playing a chapter or two a night. I want to pace myself because I'm enjoying it, and I don't want it to end. The story grabbed me all of a sudden, by chapter 4. (There are 12 chapters)

That's also what I love about SIREN, it's cut up in chunks, so if you only have one hour or so to play, it's perfect for that. It even recaps what happened the previous chapter, in case you forgot.

The controls are the main obstacle for anyone wanting to try this game out, but it only takes a few minutes and you get it. It seems like a very Japanese game and I'm loving the intricate controls(don't worry it's no MGS) and the insane story. It's actually scary in some parts, specially when you can't fight back.

This is quite a special game.

No means no!
    No means no!
    OH MAH GAWD!
    OH MAH GAWD!
    Shoot him now!
    Shoot him now!
    Gen_Warbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gen_Warbuff

Was this the new Siren? I tried the demo, but found it slow and not very interesting :(

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

It is the new one, and it does gets more interesting, the demo does represent what is in the game, but not in its entirety.  But like I said the controls are probably the biggest hurdle for people that want to play this.

Then again, there are some moments where you are left saying WTF, and that's the good WTF with a dash of BBQ.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kilzombie

I got stuck at the bit where you play the little girl in the hospital, very, very unnerving game.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

Can someone explain the ending to me please.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By SpinCookie

This game looks awesome, I just wish they shipped it on a disc.  I know this is a dumb reason to not pick up a game, I just don't want my stack of PSN games to be flooded with a zillion Siren icons, I wish it was just one game with all 12 chapters, or on a disc.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    SpinCookie said:
    "This game looks awesome, I just wish they shipped it on a disc.  I know this is a dumb reason to not pick up a game, I just don't want my stack of PSN games to be flooded with a zillion Siren icons, I wish it was just one game with all 12 chapters, or on a disc."
    It won't - it's one icon on my PSN games list. You hit that icon and then you can select chapter from there.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpinCookie
    get2sammyb said:
    "SpinCookie said:
    "This game looks awesome, I just wish they shipped it on a disc.  I know this is a dumb reason to not pick up a game, I just don't want my stack of PSN games to be flooded with a zillion Siren icons, I wish it was just one game with all 12 chapters, or on a disc."
    It won't - it's one icon on my PSN games list. You hit that icon and then you can select chapter from there."
    Oh really! I didn't know that at all, that actually changes everything, I'll think I'll get this now.  I Just hate having clutter on my games list, I delete all demos as soon as I'm done with them and everything.  Thanks for the info.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpinCookie

I just saw that there is a EU disc version though, I can just import that and still play it on my PS3 right?  That way I can get a nice box to add to my game shelf.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By kilzombie

Yeah you can import, spincookie, that's what I did, and I got the disc version. Though it does come with a (about)5 gig install.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By daniel_beck_90

with  Silent hill approaching a Hollywood kinda style , siren is the only  worthy Japanese Horror game on PS3 . 
    Is it true that Team silent worked on this game  ?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By artofwar420

I suggest anyone that likes these types of game to pick it up/download it, because it seems SIREN got slightly overlooked. So... doo eet. :)

Oh and I'm not sure if the Silent Hill team, or part of it, participated in the development of this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.