Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shenmue

Franchise »

Created by Yu Suzuki, the Shenmue franchise follows the story of Ryo Hazuki, the son of a martial arts master, as he searches for his father's killer. It was groundbreaking in its time, for its impressive graphics, realism, open-world adventure gameplay, real-time weather, NPC schedules, and of course QTE cut-scenes.

Shenmue 3 On The Way To PS3?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

While there's no official announcement at all from Sega, well...let's allow this Swedish website to do the talking:   http://www.gamereactor.se/nyheter/17428/Shenmue+3+%E4ntligen+utannonserat/ 

What's it say?  Well, if you can't get it translated, it goes something like this (in poor Google Translate language): 

In the latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine Maitsuki Playstation reported about some players around the world dreamed of ever since we last saw game character era Shenhua and Ryo Hazuki, namely that Shenmue 3 is finally underway. Even if Yu Suzuki himself will be leaving Sega his original screenplay for the sequel and he will also provide guidance during development to get to where the right atmosphere.

Shenmue 3 will be developed by elements from the old original team and the Yakuza team that late in February released Yakuza 3 for the PlayStation 3 in Japan. Graphical real promise great things that make the old games justice, and the story should be easy to absorb even for those who have not played the predecessors to avoid excluding anyone. 

Much more than that is not available in the current situation, but when Shenmue 3 is released, we expect to hunt for new kaspyslfigurer, bring mad quick time events and hopefully see a return of the truck race again. 

For those who remember back in the beginning of the year, Sega stated that they would be interested in making the third and final piece of their franchise, and if one of the big three were to offer up some funding for it, they would offer console exclusivity. 

Personally, I could care less about the Shenmue franchise, but this would definitely be a big announcement for Sony to have come E3-time. 

Take this all with a grain of salt until someone has more to say.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jakob187

Don't mind me - someone linked me an April Fool's thread.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye
    @jakob187 said:
    " Don't mind me - someone linked me an April Fool's thread. "
    lol i was about to PM you that you'd be had.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    @PantyshotMQN: Like I said, someone sent me an April Fool's link.  Given that Microsoft is supposed to be announcing an exclusive game from a substantial franchise, someone seemed to feel the need to troll me on this. 

This is what I get for checking story dates.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Well it was worth a shot anyway.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

I was going to say don't even fucking joke about there being a shenmue 3

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

Man Jakob, you've got to be careful with those Shenmue 3 rumors. This story could have easily gotten way out of hand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.