Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shawn Michaels

Character » appears in 43 games

Shawn Michaels is a retired American professional wrestler who appears in WWE games.

Wrestlemania XXVI: HBK retired for good?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ImperiousRix

In the world of professional wrestling, nobody is ever TRULY retired; we wrestling fans know this from every single TV or PPV broadcast in the history of forever.  However, it still stands mentioning that tonight at Wrestlemania XXVI, Shawn Michaels lost a "kayfabe" Streak vs. Career match against The Undertaker, meaning that's it for HBK. 
    Now, this isn't the first time Shawn Michaels has "hung up his boots", but he is getting up there in years and, with his ability still at a relatively high level, I feel like it WOULD be a good place for him to finally ride off into the sunset.  This will likely not be the case, but a man can dream. 
    As for the community of wrestling fans on GB, do you think this is truly it for Shawn Michaels?  Should it, or shouldn't it be?  What are you overall feelings on his feud with The Undertaker if indeed this be his last feud? 
    I expect your essays to be 5 pages long and have a strong representative thesis.  All works must be cited accordingly.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Rayfield

This seems like a good place as any to ask this question. I was watching some WWE on Australian TV last week and it was promoting a bout between Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, some hillbilly in a Leatherface mask, and some dude who looked like Liberace. Ric Flair produced a baseball bat with barbed wire on it and fucked some guy up with it and then Hogan appeared and fucked Flair up with it. When Flair was being dragged off, Hogan kept yelling at him FOUR DAYS BROTHER FOUR DAYS. 

I was just wondering who won that bout four days later?
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @Rayfield said:
    "This seems like a good place as any to ask this question. I was watching some WWE on Australian TV last week and it was promoting a bout between Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, some hillbilly in a Leatherface mask, and some dude who looked like Liberace. Ric Flair produced a baseball bat with barbed wire on it and fucked some guy up with it and then Hogan appeared and fucked Flair up with it. When Flair was being dragged off, Hogan kept yelling at him FOUR DAYS BROTHER FOUR DAYS.  I was just wondering who won that bout four days later? "
    I believe this is a current TNA feud going on with Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. Ric Flair and AJ Styles. 
    Abyss fought AJ Styles at the PPV "Destination X" to a "no contest", choke slammed him through the ring, and Hogan blinded Flair with pepper spray.  That's the feud in a nutshell.
    raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @ImperiousRix:  Erm, sorry it's not five pages long, but I don't know my gut reaction would be that he's not, but he looked really upset so perhaps it is permanent in so much as they have no plans for his return as of yet
    Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Spiral_Stars

The only man that matters is Brett Hart.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rayfield
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "@Rayfield said:
    "This seems like a good place as any to ask this question. I was watching some WWE on Australian TV last week and it was promoting a bout between Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, some hillbilly in a Leatherface mask, and some dude who looked like Liberace. Ric Flair produced a baseball bat with barbed wire on it and fucked some guy up with it and then Hogan appeared and fucked Flair up with it. When Flair was being dragged off, Hogan kept yelling at him FOUR DAYS BROTHER FOUR DAYS.  I was just wondering who won that bout four days later? "
    I believe this is a current TNA feud going on with Hulk Hogan and Abyss vs. Ric Flair and AJ Styles. Abyss fought AJ Styles at the PPV "Destination X" to a "no contest", choke slammed him through the ring, and Hogan blinded Flair with pepper spray.  That's the feud in a nutshell. "

Oh TNA right. Kinda glad I missed it then. Sounds somewhat underwhelming compared to Hogan bashing Flair with a barbed wire baseball bat. 

Avatar image for thedeadcomedian
    TheDeadComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By TheDeadComedian
    @raidingkvatch: Wrestlers act dude. Shawn Michaels SHOULD probably retire sometime soon to retain positive memories of his career and for his own health, but I really highly doubt that his career would with a loss.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Yukoei

People still watch WWE? I thought it was dead.

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By raidingkvatch
    @TheDeadComedian: I can normally tell the difference between wrestlers "acting" and real emotion, there were tears streaming from the man's eyes he looked genuinely upset; it wasn't ridiculous and over the top like everything else in wrestling, he just looked quietly upset.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

i miss him already

chogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chogi

he's probably gonna stay retired, he kept making references on how ric flair broke his word. shawn has more class than that.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By animateria

Probably not.

They always come back for more.

AtheistChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtheistChild

I think he's faking it... However a great story line you have to sit back and think of all of his options. Since I heard of this "retirement" clause I knew right away it had to be fake. Hell of a match, and if it's a true retirement then thats great. However lets state the facts, HBK is one of the worlds greatest, and only 43 years old. He still has around 10 years left to give it his all. The man has done so many highflying, death defying moves, and looks nowhere near the shape the Ric Flair or Bret Hart. I simply think it's another one of those "retirement" scandals they have, and then bring him back in a year or two. He might even do little segments guest hosting raw. Now lets way another option, which i havent heard anyone else ask... TNA? Look at the competition that HBK would have. Angle, Hardy, Hogan, Kevin Nash... they could reform NWO or the Clique... he could either have one of his best friends in the WWE OR have 5 or 6 of his best friends in TNA. HBK VS Angle... mmmm match of the year? Or HBK VS Sting... Thats real money, its all a mind game. Could HBK stay retired? possible... But lets not forget the mans retired before due to back injury and came back,... Full swing!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.