Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 15, 2010

Announced at the end of the credits to the final episode of Tales of Monkey island, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is the third season of Telltale's Sam & Max series. It consists of five episodic games.

Who put Sam and Max in my TF2?

ReefTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By ReefTrigger

Heard about Sam & Max: the Devil's Playhouse yet? 
    Well several brand new items related to that telltale product are coming to TF2 now. 
    Apparently if you purchase the game this week, you get 3 items for tf2 to put on your characters, and then kill people with. 
    I don't know how I feel about this.  On one hand, I think that this is awesome, because I am a fan of both games, and I think that this is hilarious.  But on the other hand, Tradition! (Damn you Fiddler on the Roof) 
    Anyways, on the other hand I disapprove of the way they are trying to put hooks into you to buy those games. 
    But if this were to work in any game it would be TF2, as it is so over the top as it is the "fiction" cannot really be cheapened by this.

ReefTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ReefTrigger

Heard about Sam & Max: the Devil's Playhouse yet? 
    Well several brand new items related to that telltale product are coming to TF2 now. 
    Apparently if you purchase the game this week, you get 3 items for tf2 to put on your characters, and then kill people with. 
    I don't know how I feel about this.  On one hand, I think that this is awesome, because I am a fan of both games, and I think that this is hilarious.  But on the other hand, Tradition! (Damn you Fiddler on the Roof) 
    Anyways, on the other hand I disapprove of the way they are trying to put hooks into you to buy those games. 
    But if this were to work in any game it would be TF2, as it is so over the top as it is the "fiction" cannot really be cheapened by this.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

cool. i never played sam & max game before. i do have TF2.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By AlKusanagi

Sam and Max make everything better. And violent.

captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By captainfish

I was bummed out by this, because I always buy the games through telltale themselves. You're only eligible for the tf2 stuff (which I would love) if you buy it through steam. However, preordering through telltale nets you a dvd release when the game is done, so I probably would've chosen that version anyway. I just wish there was a way for me to get Max's Luger for the scout. It's soooo awesome! Also, I'm not sure what you mean by tradition, they've already put in a promotional item, bill's hat, and they now have community items being added too.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Shabs

I'm torn because I've always waited for sales for Sam and Max games, but I love them, and I love TF2, and the combination might be too irresistible, but I wasn't planning to buy S3 at launch.  I have no doubt I'll own Season 3 eventually but I think their dastardly marketing plan might push me to buying it now.

I wish I could get the items if I purchased Season 3 any time as I have yet to finish the previous seasons, and I'm worried if I play the better-looking and optimized new season the old ones will feel too dated technology-wise to go back to.

nintendmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By nintendmoe
    @CaptainFish:  

If you bought it from the Telltale store you can still get the items apparently, go here: 
    http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2hats  

I wasn't planning on buying this season now but now I feel compelled to get my debit card working again. Fuck me, i hate spending money  
    ReefTrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReefTrigger

The "on the other hand, tradition!" is a reference to the play Fiddler on the Roof, in which the main dude says that like 500000 times during every scene.  So basically whenever I think about that phrase I think about that musical.  Accordion music is just too catchy.

captainfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By captainfish

@ReefTrigger:

I got the fiddler reference, I just wasn't sure how it applied. Love me some fiddler on the roof, especially  If I Were a Rich Man (not the Gwen Stefani bastardized version).

@nintendmoe:
    Dude you just saved my life bro! Thanks for the heads up. It also allows you to install the games through steam if you want. I think they should continue to offer this.
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay

No Caption Provided
    That image alone is enough to scream priceless to me. Kinda regret not preordering. But I'm happy with Bill's beret. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.