Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ryan Davis

Person » credited in 9 games

Ryan Davis was a GameSpot editor and co-founder of Giant Bomb. He was solely responsible for founding batmanbatmanbatman.com and cocainemountain.com, and went by the online nickname of "Taswell." Ryan passed away on July 3, 2013. He is gone but never forgotten. We love you, Ryan.

Where did "scan the background" originate?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I remember Ryan saying "scan the background, scan the background" with an annoying kid voice a number of times and while I found it funny, I never actually knew what that was in reference to.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I swear I'm not just imagining things.

locovoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By locovoco
    Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It was from a game called You’re in the Movies that used the Xbox live vision camera. The director would say scan the background at some point and Ryan, along with Jeff, mercilessly mocked it.

Avatar image for creepyunclebrad
    CreepyUncleBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I forgot all about that game. It was dumb and didn't work terrific buuuut it was still pretty fun.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paliv: @locovoco: Okay, thanks. Weird, they don't do it in the QL, they're not even mic-ed. I'll have to take your word for it.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@liquiddragon: It’s in some Bombcasts at the end of 2008, like November/December. I was just listening to them when I couldn’t sleep while recovering from surgery a couple months ago.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.