Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Damn Chainsaw-Wielding, Swirly-Head, Flying Bits of Bacon

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well, I finally broke down and bought RE5 for the PC (I've been wanting it for a long time, and missed the day in the summer steam sale where it was $10.  I nearly cried. 

I'm on chapter 1-4 (I think...just going down in the mines after some zombified members of The Lost Motorcycle Club were trying to kill me) and have to say, having never played a Resident Evil game, I'm very pleasantly surprised. 

The first thing that's noticeable is that RE5 for the PC is a very good looking game, far superior to its console counterparts (I have played the demo on my PS3 before).  Nice particle effects, very hi-res textures.  A very high quality port...which is somewhat strange, and a pleasant surprise, because I have heard the RE4 PC port was a fucking train wreck. 

The second thing that's noticeable (besides Chris Redfield's ridiculously large biceps) is the controls.  Oh, Resident Evil.  Why can't you figure out something very basic, that most games have figured out a long time ago.  Don't get me wrong, the controls are decent (certainly better then on a console), but I'll be damned if they're anywhere near perfect.  Well, they work, and I'm getting acclimated to them. 

I'm quite enjoying the game so far, and I like that it's not working super-hard on scares...Scary games never scare me anyway, so I'm glad that they decided to put a lot more action movie like things in.  The enemies are good (man, those chainsaw duders are badass mofos), and I really like the whole upgrading mechanic of weapons.  I like that they made an effort to give the game so much replay value (such as infinite ammo, costumes, upgrading all weapons, mercenary mode). 

I would have kept playing, but I got frustrated because I had literally no ammo with any weapon, so I was trying to knife mutant dogs and the swirly head zombies.  Yeah, that didn't go so good.  Well, I'm off to try out Mirror's Edge, which I also just bought (got it for $5, a sale on the EA store site).  I leave you with a humorous video at the end of this pointless blog. 

TL;DR: I LIKE ME SOME RESIDENT EVIL 5.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I finally broke down and bought RE5 for the PC (I've been wanting it for a long time, and missed the day in the summer steam sale where it was $10.  I nearly cried. 

I'm on chapter 1-4 (I think...just going down in the mines after some zombified members of The Lost Motorcycle Club were trying to kill me) and have to say, having never played a Resident Evil game, I'm very pleasantly surprised. 

The first thing that's noticeable is that RE5 for the PC is a very good looking game, far superior to its console counterparts (I have played the demo on my PS3 before).  Nice particle effects, very hi-res textures.  A very high quality port...which is somewhat strange, and a pleasant surprise, because I have heard the RE4 PC port was a fucking train wreck. 

The second thing that's noticeable (besides Chris Redfield's ridiculously large biceps) is the controls.  Oh, Resident Evil.  Why can't you figure out something very basic, that most games have figured out a long time ago.  Don't get me wrong, the controls are decent (certainly better then on a console), but I'll be damned if they're anywhere near perfect.  Well, they work, and I'm getting acclimated to them. 

I'm quite enjoying the game so far, and I like that it's not working super-hard on scares...Scary games never scare me anyway, so I'm glad that they decided to put a lot more action movie like things in.  The enemies are good (man, those chainsaw duders are badass mofos), and I really like the whole upgrading mechanic of weapons.  I like that they made an effort to give the game so much replay value (such as infinite ammo, costumes, upgrading all weapons, mercenary mode). 

I would have kept playing, but I got frustrated because I had literally no ammo with any weapon, so I was trying to knife mutant dogs and the swirly head zombies.  Yeah, that didn't go so good.  Well, I'm off to try out Mirror's Edge, which I also just bought (got it for $5, a sale on the EA store site).  I leave you with a humorous video at the end of this pointless blog. 

TL;DR: I LIKE ME SOME RESIDENT EVIL 5.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I played the demo of RE5 on my Xbox 360. It was horrible. After playing RE4 on the Wii, playing on a dual analog controller was a step back. My PC can't handle RE5, but I'm hoping to get a PS3 and Move bundle. RE5 will then move up my list of games to play.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I enjoyed RE5, but being a typical RE old school fanboy I hated it for a laundry list of reasons. Plus even as an action game it really wasn't all that great, anyway.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

Should try to team up with someone like this though doubt that they are still playing. Good luck, have batman.  

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Resident Evil 5 is great. And it's a game that's going to age really well, I think.  

Mirror's Edge is also solid. Probably better than it got credit for. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.