Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Ash

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released July 2017

A spiritual successor to the Mega Man Legends franchise by Comcept.

What do you think of Red Ash and it's kickstarter?

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Poll What do you think of Red Ash and it's kickstarter? (98 votes)

I want a new game from Keiji Inafune! 4%
    I can't support a kickstarter when they haven't even sent out their last product! 36%
    Anime is for Jerks. 20%
    I want everything they are selling me here 5%
    I don't support kickstarter anymore/period. 16%
    I only want the Anime, not really into the game. 2%
    I JUST REALLY WANT MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3. 16%

For those not in the know Comcept just announced a new kickstarter here. It looks to be in the style of Megaman Legends, but it's so early in pre-production that most of what's available is concept art and outlines for plans. They're close to launching their new game Mighty No. 9 and it looks like they're trying to set up a new game for production as their first finishes up. Also they're teaming up with an anime company who are making a movie within the same universe but in a seperate kickstarter? Despite the semi weirdness of cross-kickstarting, you can find that anime part here. I don't know much about Anime but they apparently did Mind Game which was weird as hell. So what do you guys think? Kickstarting while a project is still going feels weird to me, and reminds me of Uber screwing up by ignoring user frustration on Planetary Annihilation and being forced to cancel their Monster RTS. On the other hand after explanation and goodwill Double Fine had the reasonable Success of Massive Chalice. All the gaming press has helped me to understand the necessity of running multiple teams with multiple projects, but it's still a mixed bag of what gets goodwill and what doesn't. After all Elite didn't convince me but damn does it look amazing now. Or maybe you just want Megaman Legends 3 that badly.

• 
    newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

They are different studios developing MN9 and Red Ash, so I think that isn't that crazy, really. Comcept are kind of just a publisher, and are even involved in Bloodstained or w/e that Castlevania thing is

Though I don't have any reverence for MM Legends so I really don't care.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

This is as close as we are ever going to get to Megaman Legends 3, it has nearly all the same staff so pretty much a no brainer for those looking to get that type of game made. The anime tie is a good idea, why launch a game when you can launch a world? Developers more than ever want to make games directly available to their customers, you can pay for this...or you can pay for generic AAA title from a studio that says it will give you a new one of these but instead continues to re-issue the old games on retro collection discs.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

I voted "I JUST REALLY WANT MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3," but the truth is... What I really want is Tron Bonne 2...

Whether second crowdfunding projects are successful or not just depends on the campaign, I think. This is Megaman Legends 3 we're talking about, so it's probably going to succeed. I don't know about the anime but people like those, right?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mighty No. 9 looks great, but I really don't feel comfortable backing this new project until that is out.

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think its going to rub people the wrong way since they are starting this Kickstarter before Mighty No 9 has come out, regardless of whether or not its the same team developing it. Its Inafune and it seems loosely connected to the world of Mighty No 9, so that is what people are going to notice. Maybe they will still meet their Kickstarter goal, but I doubt its going to have the runaway success of the Mighty No 9 Kickstarter.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

Yeah so far it seems to be a lot lower on the success scale. Second kickstarters, along with less famous developers seem to lose a lot of the media torrent that propels users to them. Also I'd say people are more used to kickstarter failings AND succeedings. I'm guessing it'll succeed, and I'm rooting for it but I doubt they'll be able to have a runaway success with the production values that people probably want.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ehh I'll buy it if it comes out and is good. I liked Megaman Legends back in the day. The idea of something which reminds me of that is cool, but I'm not dying to have it. I approach this in the same way I approach all kickstarters. I have no desire to back them, but if they put out a good game I will buy it like I would any other game. The kickstarter for the Castlevania spiritual successor is holding my interest far more than anything mega man to be honest. If I backed anything it would be that.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

There should have been a "man, this pitch is garbage" option. The game might be cool, but they haven't told me anything relevant about it and just.. Wow

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.