Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prince of Persia

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Dec 02, 2008

A 2008 entry into the Prince of Persia franchise titled simply "Prince of Persia", this game stars an all-new Prince as he teams up with the mysterious Elika to fight Ahriman and cleanse the world of his corruption.

How did you feel about the ending? *NO SPOILERS*

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

I have downloaded the Epilogue but I haven't played it yet, so please don't ruin it for me. I am asking how you felt after the original game finished. I think it was a beautiful twist that redeemed the whole game for me, and I geared up for a sequel until I learnt that the game has under-performed and they have wrapped things up with the DLC.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By dethfish

I beat the game a few weeks ago. I thought the ending was cool, it was different for the basic endings you see in games and movies.

I didn't know they weren't making another game. That sucks.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I loved the way the actual game ended. The Epilogue, not so much. The main game had an excellent setup for a sequel and the whole sequence after the fake credits was well executed.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EvilTwin

I loved the ending.  And I wasn't aware that the game underperformed.  I had heard it actually did well overall.  Did the plot actually wrap up with the epilogue, or is there still room for a sequel?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @buzz_killington said:
    " I have downloaded the Epilogue but I haven't played it yet, so please don't ruin it for me. I am asking how you felt after the original game finished. I think it was a beautiful twist that redeemed the whole game for me, and I geared up for a sequel until I learnt that the game has under-performed and they have wrapped things up with the DLC. "
    The epilogue won't ruin the feeling you got from the original ending. I loved both.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Genuinely thought the ending to the first game was one of the worst things i've ever played. The game itself was garbage but the ending was the cherry on top. Felt like a Vince Russo wCw swerve.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By teptom

I really enjoyed the way it ended. It set up a sequel very nicely. It was also a great way to show the relationship between Elika and the Prince. I also haven't played the Epilogue, but I'm excited to see what the ending for that is like.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik

Haven't played the Epilogue, but I was surprised when I heard a bunch of people on various podcasts proclaim their disappointment in the ending. I thought the ending was really good, and didn't really make for a cliffhanger at all. I mean, I could see how it's supposed to be one, but the way I took the protagonists were just doomed to repeat the cycle of everything you'd just done all over again.

Ropey combat aside, the game as a whole was very satisfying for me, ending included.

Neorub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Neorub

Just finished the game and really liked the ending. Was hoping some impressions of the DLC would have been up here.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Neorub said:

" Just finished the game and really liked the ending. Was hoping some impressions of the DLC would have been up here. "

It's great. It changes the endings tone slightly, but not for the worse. It's also much harder.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I thought the ending was great. I would have done the same thing...

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Hannibal

The ending kind of reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus, but not as good as SotC since SotC gave the very real feeling like you didn't know what you were doing exactly, and that was your excuse. Here you knew too well, and if it were a choice I would have put the controller down.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By AngeTheDude

I didn't play the DLC. I felt the ending was absolutely brilliant. I didn't like it, and felt it contradicted the feeling of the rest of the game, but it was a brilliant choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.