Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 18, 2016

Pokémon's 20th anniversary game invites players to the tropical, Hawai'i-styled Alola region.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer Info Recap

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

For anyone who wants to see the latest Pokemon Trailer, watch below. Otherwise, I'm still gonna list the big reveals as well as something in the trailer that might confirm some leaked info about the starting 3.

• There are different versions of the original Pokemon based on region. The trailer revealed the Alola form of Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon), which has been trending in countless social media jokes. There's also ice versions of Vulpix and Nineties (Ice/Fairy) and of Sandshrew and Sandslash (both are ice and steel). Plus Ice Sandshrew has an igloo hood, which make it the best of these new variations.
    • Entirely new Pokemon have also been revealed as expected. One of which is Oricorio, which is a dancing bird that has four variations (Fire, Electric, Psychic, and Ghost, with Flying being the permanent type).
      • Other new Pokemon include Mudbray (Ground), Gumshoos (Normal) which despite the likeness, is not based on Donald Trump but instead refers to the 1971 detective film Gumshoe, Minior (Rock/Flying), and Fomentis and Lurantis (Both Grass).
    • You can also ride on specific Pokemon to get through unobtainable areas on foot. For instance, Sharpedo can act like a literal Shark torpedo by launching the poor thing into rocks for the sole purpose of destroying them.
    • It appears there are no gyms but instead the Island Challenge, where you have to beat the challenges of each trial captain per island and beat Totem Pokemon at the end of the challenge. The Totem Pokemon look like they have specific perks for a battle and can call for other Pokemon to fight you.
    • Z-Moves let the trainer do a little dance that gives their Pokemon a one hit kill move.

Now onto that leak I mentioned earlier. There is artwork that has floated around that supposedly shows the final evolutions of Rowlet, Litten and Popplio. The source is claimed to come from a Chinese Localization Team for Sun and Moon. Rowlet turns into an owl archer, Poplin turns into a majestic siren and Litten basically turns into Kane, meaning he turns into a heel wrestler. Many now believe these are the final evolutions because one of the trial captains, Mallow, is seen looking at Litten's Final Evolution as it sleeps. Plus this continues an little known tradition in Pokemon where every single FIRE-STARTER-FINAL-EVOLUTION-IS-BIPEDAL. Granted these aren't officially confirmed, but it looks very likely.

Also as someone who not only digs Rowlet, but has practiced archery in the past, I'm stupidly excited for Rowlet's final evolution.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Interesting that they are finally ditching the gym structure? It still seems like there will be 8 people you have to beat, but it being broken into 1 tribal captain and one Kahuna per island is quite different.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Those finals look way better than what I imagined. Hope they're real, that Rowlet looks super sweet.

And Popollio still looks dumb, what a surprise.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Exeggutar meme is even funnier when you know that this was its original design in concept art. They only changed it because they couldn't fit the long straight neck into an original Gameboy sprite. It's a walking palm tree - it has always been a walking palm tree. Meanwhile, the new ice versions of Vulpix, Ninetails and Sandslash look adorable (not so much sandshrew - whose change reminds me too much of the armoured Goron from Twilight Princess). I think most of the new pokemon look okay, and mixing the Hawaiian dancing traditions with the dancing calls of a bird of a multiple-form pokemon is a great idea - I especially like how it had separate attacks and idle animations for each form.

I think the Island Challenges and battles look awesome (and I totally predicted that they were changing the gym structure!). I'm sceptical on Z-Moves. I found in X/Y/OR/AS that there was a point where Mega Evolution basically made no story fight losable. I'd be interest if it's only specific species (like the ultimate Grass, Fire and Water moves can only be taught by move Tutor to Starter family pokemon) and how early you can get it. Also, I hope Z-moves have some competitive play strategy like Megas ultimately had (and they don't just get stuck in the OP phase like Megas did for a while). Finally, yaaaay more pokemon to traverse the world on! (My favourite part of Alpha Sapphire was flying on Mega Latias)

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a masked wrestler that spews green mist at opponents. Litten grows up to do just that, and that makes him the actual best Pokemon.

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Everytime a new one comes out I get the itch, but I know ill never play it on a handheld ;/ Maybe if the NX is real the next one Ill hit up.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm the trash bag Pokemon IRL.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Really liking Gumshoos, Oricorio, Mimikyu, Mudbray, Drampa, Togedemaru, Komala, and the starters! Never been crazy about Pokémon with different formes and such besides Rotom, but the new Exeggutor.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hype as fuck for this game. Rowlett x Mimikyu will find a spot on my team for sure (at least my in game team. I'll have to see how they work out for competitive.) and I love the setting and most of the new Pokemon.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm looking forward to those super moves making the main progression of those games even more trivial. I'm always torn with these games, in that I'm an adult man who still legitimately likes Pokemon but wishes they encouraged the player to engage with the higher level stuff more often, like an "expert mode" or something. Maybe I'll do a Nuzlocke run.

On the other hand... YO LOOK AT CRAZY PALM TREE EXEGGUTOR.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part of that trailer was when Popplio got wrecked by BLOOM DOOM

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So out of 7 generations, the final evolution of the fire starter has been Fire/Fighting. I don't get it, why won't they change it up? Why not Fire/Dark? Everyone is still sick of Fire/Fighting.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By MezZa

My disappointment in the likelihood of another fire/fighting starter is offset by the design because that's a pretty sweet looking cat wrestler. If they're going to repeat the pattern they might as well go for it and do it in style. Everything they've been announcing about this game sounds great so far. Apparently more news is coming on the 12th as well.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@kasaioni: Actually according to another source for a leak, Litten's Final Evolution is supposed to be Fire/Dark, hence the Heel Wrestler/Fire Angle. I've also heard its supposed to be Fire/Poison since it sprays green mist based on the concept art.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: Well, okay, I wanted Fire/Dark, and Fire/Poison would be cool. But screw wrestling.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I just came in here to say that Ice Sandshrew is probably the best pokemon ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
    deactivated-5c295850623f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks solid but I'm kind of bummed they're ditching the gym structure. There's a reason they stuck with it; it made the flow of travel really exciting and smooth. Hopefully the new structure isn't messy?

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@imhungry said:

I just came in here to say that Ice Sandshrew is probably the best pokemon ever.

Hell yeah! Its igloo shell also looks like it's wearing a tiny little winter coat! :3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.