Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Point and Click

Concept »

Point and click is an interface featured in a specific kind of adventure game, where players click on objects and characters to interact with them.

It's tragic that there hasn't been a weird point & click adventure game QL in a long time

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll It's tragic that there hasn't been a weird point & click adventure game QL in a long time (29 votes)

True 48%
    False 7%
    Tralse 45%

They did the Broken Age Quick Look, but I'm talking more about the offbeat European adventure games that nobody on GB is familiar with.

Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded is the last weird adventure game they've covered that I can think of. But before that we had such greats as Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (which the GB staff didn't realize would get so dark), The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav (the medieval one where they mess up some dude's eyes), The Journey Down (the one where everybody's head is an African mask), and that terrible Deponia game. Also Vinny really liked The Book of Unwritten Tales. There was also Botanicula and Yesterday and Resonance.

It just feels like GB hasn't found an obscure adventure game to Quick Look in pretty much a year (Leisure Suit Larry notwithstanding). Although I'm also realizing that, man, 2012 was a good year for adventure games. Has there just been nothing noteworthy lately, aside from the Blackwell Epiphany?

• 
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, also, looking through the games tagged with point and click, this game exists. So that's something.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

What about the Tex Murphy quicklook they did last week? Wasn't that a point and click adventure?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably the genre of games bringing about the most consistent level of quality via Quick Looks.

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What about the Tex Murphy quicklook they did last week? Wasn't that a point and click adventure?

That was what I thought of when I saw the topic. Does that not count because its FMV or something?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amikron said:

@monetarydread said:

That was what I thought of when I saw the topic. Does that not count because its FMV or something?

Yeah, FMV adventure games versus standard 2D point and click adventure games feel like two different beasts to me, but if someone considered them the same genre, I could understand that too. I guess my point was that I like to see adventure games I haven't heard of before, and I feel like everybody was kinda aware of the Broken Age and Tex Murphy Kickstarters, so they weren't a pleasant surprise, and instead I expected the Quick Look. The Journey Down, or the Book of Unwritten Tales, were the sort of things I wouldn't have given a second glance, but seeing them in a QL piqued my interest.

Though I guess like, half the other adventure games coming out lately are all published by Wadjet Eye, so if I just checked their website I would basically know about 90% of the adventure games that come out in a calendar year.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Eye was so amazing.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

The main character is obviously a bit on the obnoxious side, but overall, Deponia is actually pretty good.

Anyway, there have been heaps of point and click adventure games from this year that they haven't covered - 1954: Alcatraz, Mudlarks, Moebius: Empire Rising, The Samaritan Paradox, Memento Moti 2.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By TheHT

Adventure game quick looks just might be my favourite quick looks, followed by the ones where they get four or five people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.