Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

December Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

So, uh, hi.... again. Not the greatest month this either, in particularly it was a real momentum-killer when I lost the first draft of this blog due to needing to reboot the computer. But anyway, it is still December, and so technically this list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita is still monthly. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

On to what I suppose is now a recap of this months releases, starting off with tower defense The Keeper of 4 Elements and mobile shoot 'em up Battalion Commander. Then came the PSX surprise launch of puzzle game Lara Croft Go and classic fighting game Garou: Mark of the Wolves. No retail releases this month, but in spite of being download only Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is a retail sized RPG. Alongside it came top down action title Space Overlords, adventure game Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure, and top down shooter #killallzombies. Rounding off the year was Wayforward's colorful platformer Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero, cyberpunk stealth action Dex, and futuristic racing game Air Race Speed.

On to new game announcements, we have ever reliable Tecmo Koei bringing over Toukiden 2, while SEGA is localizing the more action focused Valkyria Chronicles spin-off Valkyria Revolution. Gio Corsi got on stage at PSX and annouced ports of action RPG Ys Origin, as well as a sick burn to Dave Lang in the form of Windjammers. Indie dev YummyYummyTummy is trying their hand at a Vanillaware-looking RPG with Fallen Legion. Aksys is giving us more otome with Period Cube: Shackles of Amadeus. And serveral other Asian indie games are coming, like Fairune, Koi, Polara, Mr. Pumpkin Adventure, and Tattoo Nation.

Over in Japan, a new Legend of Heroes game was annouced. Sadly it was not Trails of Cold Steel 3, which will be PS4 exclusive, but rather a port of Akatsuki no Kiseki - a free to play browser game. Also of tremendous interest to everyone, I'm sure, Tecmo Koei continues their annual horse racing series with Winning Post 8 2017.

And I'm done... Finally! Well, I really should just move straight on to the January post so I can get it out in a reasonable time frame. In the mean time, here's a trailer for next month's release of Fate/Extella:

December

Downloads

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Shantae was good fun, and Fallen Legion looks neat. Is that like a Vanillaware Valkyrie Profile?

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlackLagoon
    SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to play more Vita games but the Memory cards are so damn expensive :(

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackLagoon

@samanthak: Seems like there's not much to do about that, I bit the bullet and bought a 32 GB one and it's still not enough. You can always take backup of saves with Content Manager or PlayStation Plus and swap out old games for new though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.