Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

August Vita lineup and upcoming titles

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By BlackLagoon

Much like Gal Gun... I am a bit late again. In part it was real life butting in, but in part it was also because a bit more new game announcements to dig through than one would expect. In any case here it is still, my list of current and upcoming titles for the PlayStation Vita. As usual this list is focused on the North American market, with Europe and Japan exclusive titles in their own sections below.

Anyway, to the August releases. Just out now is Gal Gun: Double Peace, slightly delayed from last month. It has a physical release, though I think you have to order it from the publisher. Coming in a more regular retail release is Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X, another in the series of vocaloid rhythm games. Not available at retail, but still "retail sized games" are Omega Force's Attack on Titan and Bamco's hunting game God Eater 2: Rage Burst. Indies Laser Disco Defenders and Alone With You are also expected.

Moving on to new title announcements, there were quite a few localization reveals. UK based Gal Gun and Steins;Gate publisher pQube confirmed they've gotten their hands on Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni, a 3D action game from the mind behind Senran Kagura featuring weaponized lesbians. XSeed continued their partnership with Falcom and is bringing over Tokyo Xanadu (and I should also mention they actually announced Fate/Stay night Warriors style hack and slash game Fate/Extella back in June, but I missed it.) Aksys has decided to bring over the enhanced rerelease of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters with the subtitle Daybreak: Special Gigs, and is also going otome crazy with visual novels Bad Apple Wars, Collar X Malice, Period Cube: Torikago no Amadeus, and the Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth fandisc Future Blessing (this are typically a collection of shorter side-stories and other bonus materials.) And finally, NISA is giving us The Longest 5 Minutes, a retro RPG about a hero who has been struck with amnesia... just as he's about to fight the final boss battle against the the evil overlord.

Indie-wise, Mighty Rabbit Studios, the good folks behind Limited Run Games (which does limited edition physical release of a number of indies on Vita) are porting their elephant stealth game Elephant in the Room, as well as their XBLIG puzzle game Cylinder. Twin stick shooter Blue Rider, rhythm game Musync, and narrative puzzle game WILL: A Wonderful World are also coming, and PlayStation Third Party productions apparently made a deal with SNK to port the classic fighting game Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Else, while I'm not sure if it's been officially confirmed, people have spotted trophies for indie horror game Claire, so watch out for that.

Meanwhile, in Japan.... Bamco gives us air combat, idols and mecha action with Macross Delta Scramble. D3 Publisher seemingly takes a stab at the Danganronpa audience with Idol Death Game TV, where aspiring idols put their lives on the line in a grim reality show. Compile Heart takes a stab at the free to play card game with Nep-Nep Connect: Chaos Chanpuru, drawing from all their current game series. And SystemSoft Alpha is back with more moe WWII antics in Moe Moe Niji Taisen 3 (or should that be My Little Hitler Can't Be This Cute!)

And I think we're finally done... Well, there is some "housekeeping" - the Vita versions of Elliot Quest and Crows: Burning Edge have officially been canceled and thus have been removed from the list. Come back next week for... a pretty packed line-up LoH: Trails of Cold Steel II, MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death, Psycho-Pass, Valkyrie Drive, etc.

August

Retail

Download

Upcoming

Retail releases

Downloads

Unconfirmed

Vaporware

• Orc Attack - Console version released Oct 2013. No news of the Vita version.
    • Starbound - PC version is having development problems, making the Vita port unlikely to happen.

Europe

(Titles out in Europe with no American release announced.)

Japan

(Japanese titles from the last 2 years that have yet to be announced for western release)

Upcoming

Retail (released)

Download (released)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.