Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation TV Support

Concept »

The PlayStation TV is a media streaming device based on the PS Vita. It can play many (though not all) Vita game cards, as well as supporting some PSN games and PS4 Remote Play.

Purchasing Advice?

ManotheBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I''m interested in buying a Playstation TV because I can't afford a PS4 or a Vita. I'm primarily a PC gamer at this point, but every now and then it seems a game, mostly indie games, will pop up on the PlayStation Store that is either a timed exclusive or just plain PS exclusive. The PS TV also seems like something I could take to a friend's house if I wanted to do some local multiplayer.

I'm hesitant though because it doesn't seem like it has a whole lot of games available and I haven't seen Sony getting out there and saying they plan on having more games support this device in the future. They haven't really even advertised it. My main concern is that I'll spend my money on this and the product will soon be phased out.

What does everyone else think? Any advice is appreciated.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I've been thinking about one too - Don't have a Vita, don't want a PS4 - but I just don't think I'll get a lot of use out of it. I game on PC and have a PS3 hooked up to the TV (90% of the time as a blu ray player) so the amount of games I could only buy on the PSTV is probably not large enough to make a purchase.

I'm in two minds though. It looks such a neat little device.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Joe423

If there are a few vita exclusives you want to play then this is the cheapest way to play them. Outside of that, it seems like the most use it would get is as a ps4 companion device. Considering most vita indies are on PC at a higher res and things like that, if you don't want to play vita exclusives it seems like it would be kind of a waste.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

The PS TV also seems like something I could take to a friend's house if I wanted to do some local multiplayer.

Why would you think that? It's not like there are any games for Vita that allow two people to play on the same device simultaneously. That doesn't work with handhelds, due to the nature of it being in the players hand. A consolized version of a handheld system would have the same limitation, even if the problem that causes it doesn't exist. So basically you and your friends would all need their own Playstation TVs or Vitas in order to play local multiplayer, and at that point, why not just play online?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.