Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Ps4 Games which improved dramatically since launch?

s-man1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What games were mediocre at launch, but, through updates, are now great games

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I dunno about it being mediocre before hand but Witcher 3 has seen some pretty drastic improvements since launch in a ton of aspects. From performance, to quality of life stuff, even to general gameplay.

s-man1236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: gotta disagree, thought it wad awesome evem at launch

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Berserker976

Definitely a Driveclub thread. That game got so much better after its disaster of a launch, between adding weather effects, new locations, and tons of cars, it really grew into a great game.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Driveclub. Mostly because they introduced an easy mode, because I am rubbish!

It's not a PS4 only game, but Destiny is much better than it was at launch.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 4 was frequently unplayable when it originally released. It has since become the best Battlefield game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 4 was frequently unplayable when it originally released. It has since become the best Battlefield game.

Agreed. I don't use words like "broken" and "unplayable" lightly like a lot of people do, but BF4 was exactly that for months after launch.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it was never a bad game, I'd say Bloodborne massively benefits from the load time patch, due to the nature of the game. I would have considered selling my copy if I had played it pre-patch.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shindig

I wouldn't call it great but DRIVECLUB was completely knackered at launch. Lords of the Fallen had a number of crashes which seem to have been addressed or reduced to dumb glitches.

Whilst I'm here, can I moan at the size of DOOM's patches? I keep putting off playing it but now I feel I have to rush through it before another 2.5GB, 5GB or 9GB patch hits.

Actually, shout out for The Golf Club. It was decent at launch but the community have really pulled out the goods with the course creator.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Destiny, but that's through a lot of expansions and DLCs though. No idea if the base game is all that changed...

shinofkod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Street Fighter V has improved tremendously since launch. It was a matter of course though given how bare bones the launch was, but it doesn't change the fact a lot has happened to make it better.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not great now, but Need For Speed (2015) was for sure improved and expanded after release. It's still not great, but it's much better for sure.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been surprised by Need for Speed's updates post launch. I played the beta and came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the sticker price, but a sale price and decent free updates make it a good title to have in my library when there's so much I never bother with anymore.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Destiny is probably the best example of this. Extremely disappointing at launch, but after the release of The Taken King it had become a pretty solid game.

Also worth mentioning GTA V, which maybe doesn't fit this super well. But GTA Online was a trashcan fire when it first launched and for several months after. Ever since the game came out on current gen consoles/PC, it's been tremendously fun.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natetodamax:

I would buy your Destiny argument if all the updates including Taken King were free for those that pre ordered the base game. Otherwise: nope Destiny is still crap.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Battlefield 4 is incredible.

DevvyBoyyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DevvyBoyyy

Firewatch was BUSTED when it launched, but now it is significantly better. It's not anywhere near perfect, mind you, but it is playable, something it wasn't at launch.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firewatch was BUSTED when it launched, but now it is significantly better. It's not anywhere near perfect, mind you, but it is playable, something it wasn't at launch.

Isn't this also the case for Nuclear Throne?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't played it in a while but Driveclub got drastically better from launch. Online works, more modes and free stuff was added, UI updated kind of.

Street Fighter V is pretty good now too for people looking for more than online play. Decent length Cinematic Story mode, and short little story things for every character, combo trials and some tutorial/explainer stuff, daily challenges just got added in tonight and the final Season 1 roster update was added tonight to have the game at 22 characters. They've also improved a lot of the grinding/microtransactions stuff, except premium costumes, those still cost a ton.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Sdoots

Killzone Shadow Fall added a bunch of quality of life stuff over time, as well as various accessibility settings that you tend to expect out of the box now.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nuclear Throne

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Warframe.

Not sure that really counts though, but, has changed like a mother since it launched.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I always liked it, but I think Resogun became better post-launch with DLC and extra modes they added to the game. Besides that, I can't really think of anything. Apparently Destiny is a lot better than it used to be, but I haven't played it/probably never will unless Destiny 2 is really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.