Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

PC Remote Play App

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

So I have been periodically trying to use the PS4 remote play app for my laptop as sometimes I like to hang out with my wife while she watches her TV shows. She's fine with me gaming in the same room and during these times I usually find something to play that is mindless and doesn't require much thought to play. Over the last few weeks I've been giving the PC PS4 utility a whirl but what a hot piece of garbage it is.

I can only connect if I switch my resolution to 1080 at High settings. If I try to use 540 (any setting) or 1080 low it just fails to establish a connection at all saying my "network speed is insufficient". this is a load of garbage because I can use the Xbox One streaming App at high settings just fine on my home network.

I've done just about every troubleshooting step I can find online but I'm more curious if anyone has had any luck with it? I never had issues with my Vita like this but I'd much prefer to play a game with a DS4 than the shitty Vita controls some developers come up with. I care enough that I'd like it to work when I want to use it but I'm definitely to the point of just giving up on it all together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.