Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Controller issues.

Darklaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darklaw

I just turned on my PS3, and had some troubles with my controller. It simply blinked a few times, and then nothing. If I try to turn it on again, it simply blinks a few times - And then nothing. I tried my other controller aswell, and it does the same thing. They both worked fine yesterday - And i'm a little afraid this is a problem on the consoles front, not the controllers.

I can still assign and use them both, if I leave the charging cable in, but that is kind of a hassle. 

Anyone have any idea what to do? Or has anyone experienced this before? It's pretty friggin' annoying.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By chililili

Probably the battery has run out, maybe you can try checking out a guide on opening one and replacing it.

Darklaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Darklaw

Hitting the hard reset on the controllers seems to have worked, at least for now.

Thanks for the tip though :)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai
    @Darklaw: Sometimes they just need to get  the controller "reacquainted" with the PS3. Try connecting them through the USB while your PS3 is off and then turn the PS3 on and press the Home button and see if solves the problem. If it keeps doing it then it might be a problem with the controller itself. The problem might stem from two main issues.  
    1. The battery on the controller is dying due to age or being faulty which in this case you can either buy one and replace it yourself (a fairly cheap and easy procedure), or send it to Sony for a replacement. Second option might be not be available anymore though. 
    2. Your Bluetooth antennae in your PS3 controller might be faulty and if this is the case then it's easier, and cheaper, to just buy a new one. 

Anyways just for future reference; you can find the various manuals here. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.