Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Good PS2 games for a girlfriend?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

Well, I finished up SOTC, and that was the last ps2 game i wanted to play really. Unless the next persona game ends up being on ps2, bah. So I gave mine to my girlfriend. The first game she is playing is persona 4. I though a turn based rpg would be the best choice since it has little twitch requirements. But most of the games I have require a lot of twitch imput. Some people out there must have an idea of what she might enjoy. Something simple, but not childish if that even exists. Essentially she just wants for a DDR pad and singstar, which may be the best bet for her.

transience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By transience

No Caption Provided
    NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By NickNorman

My first thought is The Sims, and with all the sequels and spinoffs for consoles, it wouldn't be hard to find one she likes. I don't know about RPGs, especially Persona, to start with. P4 takes a while to pick up and actually get into any real gameplay, but if she likes the story, she's good. 

Katamari Damacy and other platformers (Ratchet, Jak, Sly Cooper) come to mind, too. It comes down to how much gaming experience she has, and what types of games she likes.

Edit: Beat me to Katamari. Now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @NickNorman said:
    " Now I have the theme song stuck in my head. "
    Damn it, me too! And it will never go away because it is that catchy. 

But yea Nick here is right depends on what she likes/experience.
    Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Korone

okami maybe

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrOldboy

She has katamari damacy, and we love katamari since she has my game collection. We played a bit of the new katamari for ps3 at a gamestop but she didn't seem to like it. I sold off my ratchet and jak games but maybe, but the combat might be a bit much. Okami is a good suggestion, I remember that not being extremely demanding. 

the problem with saying it depends on what she likes is that she hasn't played many games so i have no idea what types she likes. PS2 games are so cheap now that I can risk getting her a few. I played the first hour or so of P4 with her and she seems to like the story, I thought she would as she is a sucker for any J, K or filipino drama. But I think the whole persona collection aspect and whole grinding/dungeon aspect might get a bit overwhelming for her. There are so many PS2 games out there, I'm sure there are tons she'd enjoy.

Also, she hated Flower. Thought I should through that out there since people seem to think that is something a gf should like.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

Beyond Good and evil is pretty good  for an adventure game  that isn't too hardcore with less emphasis on fighting stuff skill and more on taking pictures and stealthy stuff *shrug* maybe.... any of the lego games
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrOldboy

lego games would be an option if she like the stuff theyre based off of. Maybe batman, and definitely harry potter when that comes out.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By NickNorman
    @MrOldboy: If she hasn't played much, I'd definitely suggest giving her some platformers to try. If she hates Flower, it wouldn't hurt to try stuff you think she might not like - racing, maybe? Burnout is pretty easy to pick up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.