Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

Connecting my PS2 to my monitor?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Hey, I want to connect my Playstation 2 to my monitor but I can't find how to do it! 

I would like it to be available in stores (not only online) in Australia. 

Thanks for the help!

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

i think you need a VGA cable (or something) to do that  
    somebody please correct me on that 

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By habster3
    @AjayRaz said:
    "i think you need a VGA cable (or something) to do that  somebody please correct me on that  "
    You're probably right. Hell, what do I know? I'm bad with this kind of stuff.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @habster3 said:

" @AjayRaz said:

"i think you need a VGA cable (or something) to do that  somebody please correct me on that  "
    You're probably right. Hell, what do I know? I'm bad with this kind of stuff. "
    I don't think it's that simple.  Actually, I know it's not that simple, but I don't know how to exactly do it. 

This should help you, though.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @habster3 said:

" @AjayRaz said:

You're probably right. Hell, what do I know? I'm bad with this kind of stuff. "
    I don't think it's that simple.  Actually, I know it's not that simple, but I don't know how to exactly do it. 

This should help you, though. "
    Giant Bomb >>> Google! :D 

I know I can trust you guys. :P
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PufferFiz

well google is your friend but this may help you. 
    If there is not a ps2 to vga then your going to need  a component to vga cable, keep in mind that there will be no sound. Or you might want to look for a s-video cable, that  might work too.

Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Faint

ive been wondering the same thing actually. sound isnt an issue for me ive got that sorted, i just need to get the video up and running.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Faint said:
    " ive been wondering the same thing actually. sound isnt an issue for me ive got that sorted, i just need to get the video up and running. "
    What do you mean?
    Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Faint

as in ive got a little converter for my audio to my computer 5.1 speakers from the white and red sound cables, i just need a means to display the video on my monitor to be able to play on my pc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@NekuSakuraba:  
    I just went through this myself, actually, about 3 months ago.  Basically, after all the research and going to Radioshack and trying to order cables online, what it basically comes down to is that it's not really economically sound or technologically available.  The best solution is just to hook it up to a TV.  Not what you wanted to hear, not what I wanted to hear either, but it's all that I got working.  If you do get another method working, let me know, so I can do that hookup myself.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Well, I guess it depends on what inputs your monitor accepts.  Like, if it accepts VGA only then you'd need a PS2 VGA adapter.  Using this adapter you can plug in a standard VGA cable from that adapter to your monitor.  Then for audio, there should be some audio output ports in that adapter for you to connect to your PC such as a 3.5 mm jack.

If your monitor accepts HDMI, then you'd need to buy a PS2 HDMI adapter (if such a thing exists).  Audio situation should be the same as with the VGA adapter.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By SpiralStairs

Yeah, you probably need to get the VGA cable, although I don't even know if there is one for the PS2.

chances are it will look like shit anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.