Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Planescape: Torment

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 12, 1999

An isometric RPG using Bioware's Infinity Engine, Planescape: Torment is set in the Planescape universe and tells the dark and provocative tale of The Nameless One, an immortal searching for his identity.

Have I spoiled the story for myself?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't played either Planescape Torment or Torment Tides of Numenera, but I did watch the story trailer for Torment Tides of Numenera in anticipation of playing it. However now with the release of Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition Im curious about going back and playing it. However, knowing nothing about either story I'm wondering if that trailer spoils the story for Planescape: Torment. Am I correct? Even if I am, is the game still worth playing? Below Ill link the video, thanks for your time.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By odinsmana

Tides of Numenera is a spiritual successor to the original game, not a direct one. The stories of the two games are not connected at all (they don`t even take place in the same universe). So the trailer does not spoil anything from Plainscape: Torment (which is amazing by the way).

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsmana: Okay cool thanks. I knew they weren't technically connected, but from the very little I have played of Planescape, that trailer seemed like a reasonable direction that game could have gone. If not, great.

wittgkatzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As story-heavy as Planescape is, it is not the type of story that can really be spoiled easily. As opposed to most beloved game stories, where the memorable element really is only some kind of central plot twist, Planescape is just an amazing, well-written story with lots of little granular surprises / great bits along the way.

Not that you should - but I feel you could even read the transcript of the way the final encounter went for another player, and the game experience would not be lessened at all. So just get into it!

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that you should - but I feel you could even read the transcript of the way the final encounter went for another player, and the game experience would not be lessened at all. So just get into it!

Okay that's really exciting, buying it now just on what that implies. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.