Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 21, 2008

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is an adventure-oriented role-playing game from the creators of Penny Arcade, a gaming-themed online comic strip.

Immaculate Timing

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Edited By Atlas

So about a week ago, I decided that since I'm a huge fan of the comic series and their sense of humour, it was time to check out the Penny Arcade Aventures game, On the Rain Slick Precipise of Darkness. I bought both the episodes available on Xbox Live right, and had to lay down a hefty 2,800 points to get them, which considering how much I usually spend on Xbox Live is pretty steep.

So then this week they announce that for one week this April, Penny Arcade Episode One is going to be half price, down from 1,600 points to 800, a massive saving. This is just a week after I bought the game, which has been available for almost a year now. Words cannot describe my frustration right now. This is just so bloody typical. Granted, I've beaten Episode One and bloody loved it, but I don't think it was really worth paying 1,600 points for. 1,200 would have been a reasonable compromise; 800 is a bargain. I'm so pissed off, not at Penny Arcade, because those guys are awesome, not at Xbox Live, for cutting the price a week after I got the game. I'm pissed off with myself and my own misfortune.

To be honest I feel a lot like this guy right now:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/5/15/going-down/

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By Atlas

So about a week ago, I decided that since I'm a huge fan of the comic series and their sense of humour, it was time to check out the Penny Arcade Aventures game, On the Rain Slick Precipise of Darkness. I bought both the episodes available on Xbox Live right, and had to lay down a hefty 2,800 points to get them, which considering how much I usually spend on Xbox Live is pretty steep.

So then this week they announce that for one week this April, Penny Arcade Episode One is going to be half price, down from 1,600 points to 800, a massive saving. This is just a week after I bought the game, which has been available for almost a year now. Words cannot describe my frustration right now. This is just so bloody typical. Granted, I've beaten Episode One and bloody loved it, but I don't think it was really worth paying 1,600 points for. 1,200 would have been a reasonable compromise; 800 is a bargain. I'm so pissed off, not at Penny Arcade, because those guys are awesome, not at Xbox Live, for cutting the price a week after I got the game. I'm pissed off with myself and my own misfortune.

To be honest I feel a lot like this guy right now:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/5/15/going-down/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.