Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Any suggestions for good and light PC board games?

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

My wife isn't much of a video game player, but I think she would do well with 2-player turn based board games. I was just watching Dew and Austin play Twilight Struggle, but that might be too involved. She enjoyed Jack Box, but it doesn't work as well with only two players. Anyone have some ideas? Thanks.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By audioBusting

Do you have a Nintendo console? Have I got the game for you... It'd be quite the "party"...

Most turn-based strategy games are pretty fun to play together, even without a 2-player mode. I think Civ V has a hotseat mode.

You can get actual board games too. There should be lists on sites like board game geek for good 2-player games you can check out.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

May I direct you to this thread of my own creation:

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic-31/board-games-1775193/#424

There's more board games on iOs rather than PC.

Carcassonne is probably a really good jumping off point for two players

Ticket to Ride another good gateway game but is better at higher numbers, some maps work well with two.

Lord of Waterdeep and Stone Age would be good to get you in to the idea of worker placement.

Agricola is a more involved, but good two player worker placement game.

Twilight Struggle will definitely be too much to start with - I've logged a lot of time with Board Games now and I find it difficult. It's a great game but starting with it would have a negative effect.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

In terms of PC-based card games, Card Hunter is free and browser-based, and there's still a lot to do even if you don't pay for anything.

xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

The Pathfinder Adventure Card Game "Rise of the Runelords" has an iOS version developed by Obsidian. It is a very good version of one of my favourite board games. It's a free-to-play game (don't quit reading yet) with an option to "unlock everything" for ~$30. I play the iOS version on my own (there are pass and play options for multiple people), and the physical game with my kids regularly and wife on occasion. Give the free version a try, I love it!

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I don't have a lot of experience with PC versions of board games, but The Witcher Adventure game is pretty great, and its currently on sale

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.