Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 18, 1997

The first game in the Oddworld series. Players control an alien slave named Abe on a quest to free his fellow Mudokons from the clutches of Molluck, the ruthless boss of RuptureFarms.

Just booted this up the other day, amazed at how much fun I'm still having! Any Oddworld fanatics out there?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

One of my earliest gaming memories is playing Abe's Oddysee when it came out in 97, as a 7 year old, playing this hard ass game with my Dad guiding me through, finding guides however they did it back in the stone age, and absorbing the incredible art and creature designs. Part of my half-sleeve is the cave-art of Scrabs, Paramites, and the running Mudoken. New and Tasty came out, and the improved cutscenes were amazing, but it just didn't feel right with an analog stick for movement as precice as oddworld requires and the hand-drawn backgrounds felt less special. So I went ahead and spent the three dollars this 20 year old game costs right now, and haven't been able to put it down since. Im not denying the weight of nostalgia here, but was curious if any other duder's had passion for Oddysee/Exodus.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If by passion you mean buying both Oddysee & Exodus (the first back in the day and again on PS4), even though I was never good at them and eventually stopped playing so I wouldn't frustrate myself to death...then yes. I did always like the world and visuals, so I guess those were good enough reasons for me to rebuy the first game again and again.

If you want to talk about passion for other Oddworld games, though, then Stranger's Wrath is my jam.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Exodus is probably my favorite game ever. The atmosphere, the humour, the scope, the gameplay.... it just hits all the right boxes for me. Always super bummed when they talk about the Oddworld series on this site because they all seem to have barely played it and think it be a bit ho-hum

Incidentally this is one of my fav t-shirts

No Caption Provided

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That is a superb shirt, I would wear it in a heartbeat. The lack of love for oddworld as a whole is a bummer on giantbomb, but i can't remove myself from nostalgia enough to know if its possible to gain an appreciation for it today. As it stands its in my top 10, just hope that people appreciate it. The kickstarter for the oddworld plushes just hit its goal, but i dont need stuffed animals.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gtb08 said:

That is a superb shirt, I would wear it in a heartbeat. The lack of love for oddworld as a whole is a bummer on giantbomb, but i can't remove myself from nostalgia enough to know if its possible to gain an appreciation for it today. As it stands its in my top 10, just hope that people appreciate it. The kickstarter for the oddworld plushes just hit its goal, but i dont need stuffed animals.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/gekidami/works/12390952-oddworld-scrab-cakes?body_color=eggplant&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&size=medium&style=mens&utm_source=google&utm_medium=google_products&utm_campaign=shopping&country_code=GB&gclid=Cj0KEQjwmcTJBRCYirao6oWPyMsBEiQA9hQPbhw-pw4yrliYMYtjcSf8IK_00uj-9e9yIKj3rPa3h48aAvCo8P8HAQ

It's not official or nowt but I own 2 of em, one in blue and onee in purple. The shirts are of fantastic quality

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.