Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Badge Arcade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 17, 2014

A free-to-play crane arcade game in which players earn badges that can be used to decorate the 3DS Home Menu.

This is now out in North America

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

This thing is weird, it's basically a crane machine that let's you win badges you can use to pretty up your home menu. You get 5 free plays to start, but after that you need to spend a dollar for 5 more plays. Or you can play the practice machine once a day to win free plays.

The free plays only get you some NES mario badges, but once you get more plays there are a ton of machines that let you get badges from Animal Crossing, Zelda, and more. I think the coolest ones are the badges that replace regular system icons on the 3DS, like the Toad system settings and Yoshi activity log seen below.

No Caption Provided

There are also exclusive themes that you can only get from playing 10 times (aka $2), the current one is a brick wall that goes really well with the Link Between World badges.

Long story short, this thing is neat, and pretty evil . Anyone else try this yet? Here are a couple of the "machines" taken with my phone camera

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I got some Animal Crossing badges. It also gave me a Zelda theme that I think I already owned, so thanks, scumbag rabbit.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

so basically it's like a theme dispenser machine?

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#4 riostarwind  Moderator

I just tried it and it seems like a unique way to collect items to make the home screen look different. While also giving Nintendo another way to sell players on other games. The sales rabbit just went on a tangent about Tri Force Heroes when I started it up again. Which could be kinda annoying but it really is just a in game ad like any other free to play game on phones.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Already spent $10 on this dumb game. Oh well, at least I have Jumping Santa Mario on my Home Menu now!

Plus It's given me a reason to use my 3DS again and remember all those great games I never finished.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.