Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mount and Blade: With Fire & Sword

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 03, 2011

Set in the 1600s, Fire and the Sword brings the medieval Mount and Blade games into an era of new technology and conflicts, while retaining its open world RPG gameplay.

This game's multiplayer is garbage.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By YoThatLimp

Man, I really can't believe I paid 15$ for this. I love mount and blade: warbands, honestly! I have 99 hours in that game alone! This game is so buggy it is not funny.

In multiplayer:
    - if you jump on anything, you clip through it and can sit there shooting invisible. Any environmental object (wall, tent, rock , ect)
    - If you have a firearm and shoot just as a horse bumps you you get another shoot without having to reload

In Single player:
    - There is an existing bug in the single player when you recruit units, you can't level them out.

Now I know some people see this list, and thing meh who cares, but these are honestly game crippling bugs. I wish they would have waited a month or two more and really put it through some QA before charging me money for it. 

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

The game to be honest is also garbage..

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

It updated earlier and eliminated the SP bug. It fixed some MP bugs, not sure about the ones you mentioned though.

Also I am sure Warband was just as buggy when it released.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EuanDewar

No Caption Provided
    YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @AlexW00d said:
    " It updated earlier and eliminated the SP bug. It fixed some MP bugs, not sure about the ones you mentioned though.

Also I am sure Warband was just as buggy when it released.
    "
    I am sure dude, but man disappointed in Taleworlds. Mount and Blade: Warband was one of my favorite games of last year.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CL60

They need to just completely overhaul it, while keeping the combat. Because as it stands right now, they are just releasing the same game repeatedly. Warband was amazing, but it was unnecessary to release it again, but add guns and a few minor things and a ton of bugs. I'm sure they've made enough money at this point to stop using the same menu system that looks like its from the late 90s.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ArchScabby

You're garbage.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Agent47
    @Metalideth: Is garbage the new slang for good?
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn

The Multiplayer just isn't as good in general in Fire and Sword, no more epic sword duels. All we have now is a few lucky pike stabs followed by someone getting shot. 

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

From what I saw in the QL, it doesn't look like they really improved on anything at all. It looks like the beta release of a mod. Hell there are MANY mods for Warband that are way more competently produced than this paid beta mod.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By YoThatLimp
    @President_Barackbar said:
    " From what I saw in the QL, it doesn't look like they really improved on anything at all. It looks like the beta release of a mod. Hell there are MANY mods for Warband that are way more competently produced than this paid beta mod. "
    Glad I am not the only one. I am glad to support taleworlds, put man they could have put in a tiny bit more effort into this release.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By warxsnake

Does Warbands have better hit detection? F&S is fine but the netcode feels like it was coded by a velociraptor on prozac

Also everybody keeps talking about the Warband mods. Whats a really good one for example?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.