Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mother 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 20, 2006

Mother 3 is the third game in Shigesato Itoi's critically acclaimed Mother series. In the game, Lucas and various other protagonists fight to defeat a large army known as the Pig Army who are ruining their otherwise peaceful lives.

Oh no... Mother 3...

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

So Mother 3 sparked my curiosity randomly. 
    It started with checking out some old Earthbound reviews. Then with digging around for anything Earthbound related. Then after I woke up from my blackout, I found myself listening to the entire Mother 3 soundtrack. 

THEN there was a Gamebaz page open in my browser with a listing for the Mother 3 GBM for almost a thousand dollars.
    And oh GOd there are 2 up on ebay for about 600 less... What the hell.. 

Why do I do this to myself? I'm going to have to play this. I'd prefer to do so legitimately, but I am so enthralled...

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

So Mother 3 sparked my curiosity randomly. 
    It started with checking out some old Earthbound reviews. Then with digging around for anything Earthbound related. Then after I woke up from my blackout, I found myself listening to the entire Mother 3 soundtrack. 

THEN there was a Gamebaz page open in my browser with a listing for the Mother 3 GBM for almost a thousand dollars.
    And oh GOd there are 2 up on ebay for about 600 less... What the hell.. 

Why do I do this to myself? I'm going to have to play this. I'd prefer to do so legitimately, but I am so enthralled...

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I played it on my laptop it works pretty well. If you buy a legitimate cartridge you won't be able to understand it anyways (I'm assuming you don't speak japanese).

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " I played it on my laptop it works pretty well. If you buy a legitimate cartridge you won't be able to understand it anyways (I'm assuming you don't speak japanese). "
    It's just sad that The U.S. and U.K. get the shaft from Nintendo on this.
    raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By raviolisumo

In situations like this it's perfectly ok to get a rom and the fan translation.

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @Wes899 said:
    " In situations like this it's perfectly ok to get a rom and the fan translation. "
    Would I be double ok if I imported the cart, too? Then the ROM would just be a backup to something I already own. (Yes, I am over thinking this)
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

" I played it on my laptop it works pretty well. If you buy a legitimate cartridge you won't be able to understand it anyways (I'm assuming you don't speak japanese). "

It's just sad that The U.S. and U.K. get the shaft from Nintendo on this. "
    Also it seems like you might need a japanese snes system to even play the game since the shape of the cartridges are pretty different. They are the same shape as European cartridges, but European SNES's run in a PAL format where as the game itself is probably NTSC-J so you'd still be out of luck.
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

Also it seems like you might need a japanese snes system to even play the game since the shape of the cartridges are pretty different. They are the same as European cartridges, but European SNES's run in a PAL format where as the game itself is probably NTSC-J so you'd still be out of luck. "
    I'm looking at Mother 3 for the GBA. But the first Mother game was released here as Earthbound.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By toowalrus
    @Captainlunchbox
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

Also it seems like you might need a japanese snes system to even play the game since the shape of the cartridges are pretty different. They are the same as European cartridges, but European SNES's run in a PAL format where as the game itself is probably NTSC-J so you'd still be out of luck. "
    I'm looking at Mother 3 for the GBA. But the first Mother game was released here as Earthbound.
    That was mother 2.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @Captainlunchbox said:
    " @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

I'm looking at Mother 3 for the GBA. But the first Mother game was released here as Earthbound. "
    I'm aware of that. I didn't know that Mother 3 was a GBA only joint though. That's insane they have cartridges going for that much.
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @TooWalrus said:
    " @Captainlunchbox
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

That was mother 2. "
    I thought Mother 2 was the N64 version?
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Kjellm87

I can say it is as good as Earthbound/Mother 2, it's simply brilliant.
    It gave me this good feeling when playing, something that I've missed in recent games

Also the N64 game was canned for Mother 3 on the Advance

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Captainlunchbox said:

" @TooWalrus said:

" @Captainlunchbox
    @wolf_blitzer85 said:
    " @Captainlunchbox said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:

That was mother 2. "
    I thought Mother 2 was the N64 version? "
    That was cancelled, it was what Mother 3 was supposed to be. The only north american mother game was Earthbound. Mother 1 and 3 haven't come out here. Though there IS an official translation of Mother 1 that never got released, that's floating around the web somewhere.  

Anyway, this game is awesome, the fan-translation seems really well done and yeah fun game for sure.  Probably no point in importing a cart if you're just playing it on your computer translated, especially because owning a game and then downloading that game's Rom isn't legal, the backup has to be made from your own cart, so if that's your concern, forget about it.
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Captainlunchbox
    @Kjellm87 said:
    " I can say it is as good as Earthbound/Mother 2, it's simply brilliant. It gave me this good feeling when playing, something that I've missed in recent games  Also the N64 game was canned for Mother 3 on the Advance "
    Like "good feeling" as in how you smile a little bit when you think about playing it?
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Kjellm87
    @Captainlunchbox said:
    " @Kjellm87 said:
    " I can say it is as good as Earthbound/Mother 2, it's simply brilliant. It gave me this good feeling when playing, something that I've missed in recent games  Also the N64 game was canned for Mother 3 on the Advance "
    Like "good feeling" as in how you smile a little bit when you think about playing it? "
    Kinda "You've worked hard and long, but it payed off", yeah. Also the ending part is something of the sadest thing I've seen in a videogame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.